Credit rating and funding
New Zealand Post Limited has a credit rating issued by Standard & Poor’s of A+ (Negative outlook).
Ratings are reviewed on a semi-annual basis with the last amendment on 11 November 2013.
View the most recent reports by Standards & Poor's below:
- 12 November 2013 Standard & Poor's report (PDF - 334KB)
- 21 May 2013 Standard & Poor's report (PDF - 275KB)
- 2 November 2012 Standard & Poor's report (PDF - 89KB)
- 29 June 2012 Standard & Poor's report (PDF - 271KB)
- 31 January 2012 Standard & Poor's report (PDF - 426KB)
- 21 December 2011 Standard & Poor's report (PDF - 476KB).
Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC, provides independent financial information, analytical services, and credit ratings to the world’s financial markets.
For more information on Standard & Poor’s, visit standardandpoors.com.
There are two main debt instruments currently on issue:
|Issuer||Instrument||On issue||Total facility||Rate||Maturity|
|New Zealand Post Limited||Wholesale bond||$150m||$200m||5.225%||November 2016|
|New Zealand Post Finance Limited||Hybrid notes||$200m||$200m||7.5%||November 2039|
New Zealand Post Limited’s overall capital and funding structure at 30 June 2013 is detailed in the chart below:
Please note: for simplicity and clarity this information excludes Kiwibank funding (Kiwi Income Securities - $150m and Kiwibank subordinated debt - $210m).