Apply for sponsorship
Find out how to apply for sponsorship with New Zealand Post.
Our focus is on developing community self-help and we support three key areas that we believe are vital to prosperous, sustainable communities – improving health and wellbeing, increasing literacy and education levels, and lifting local business productivity.
Our sponsorship budget is fully committed until June 2012 but if you wish to apply for support after that, please read and follow the guidelines and criteria below.
Opportunities we will consider should:
- Align directly with our Community Investment themes: lifting levels of literacy and education, getting New Zealanders active to improve health and wellness and/or improving business productivity
- Provide opportunities for profile of our brand
- Be relevant to everyday New Zealanders – “grassroots”
- Leverage our business capabilities and demonstrate creative use of in-kind support and staff engagement
- Show proven management expertise
Priority will be given to applications that:
- Support New Zealand communities in a way that helps them help themselves and that delivers measurable benefits to those communities and to New Zealand.
- Are wide reaching (delivering national reach and local impact) and relevant to all New Zealanders.
- Require a direct relationship between our people and their communities and that build an emotional attachment between the Group and New Zealand communities.
- Provide business development opportunities.
- Don’t compete for space with other New Zealand business or government initiatives.
Written applications should be received at least six months in advance of the proposed engagement.
It is unlikely that we will sponsor:
- Activities where exclusivity in our business categories is not available
- Activities with multi-brand environments where principal status or exclusivity in our brand space is not available
- Activities taking place outside New Zealand
- High risk or anti-social activities
- Organisations that fail to exhibit transparency in their marketing and financial strategy and planning
- One off ad hoc investments
- Small community events and organisations seeking $1,000 or less
- Charities that can be supported by Community Post
What to include in your proposal
- Contact person
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Event name
- Organisation name
- Organisation details (include history, vales, objectives)
- Project details
- Project history and background
- Key audiences (include demographics)
- Key partners and their involvement
- What support you are looking for
- What benefits New Zealand Post will get (include tangible and intangible benefits)
- Financials and budgetary information (include how the project is being funded)
- Supporting material (you may wish to include samples of brochures, flyers, posters etc)
- How you will evaluate the success of the project
Send your proposal to:
Group Sponsorship Manager
New Zealand Post
Private Bag 39990
Lower Hutt 5045
Not for profit groups
Not for profit groups and projects seeking sponsorship should apply for our Community Post programme that opens 1 August each year.