Postal Address File (PAF)
The Postal Address File (PAF) is New Zealand’s most complete and up-to-date database of postal addresses. It’s designed to help you maintain top quality mailing lists, reduce returned and undelivered mail, and improve your data capture and management.
With PAF you have about 1.9 million delivery points or postal addresses at your fingertips. You can use it to clean your address data, reduce returned or undelivered mail, and be eligible for Bulk Mail rates through the Statement of Accuracy Programme.
When you validate or correct addresses using PAF, you have the option of allocating a Delivery Point Identifier (DPID) to each customer address. The DPID is a random and unique seven-digit number, which makes it easier to manage customer addresses and simplifies the process of preparing mail.
Using a DPID, you will be able to:
- assign the correct postal address on each mail piece with 100% accuracy.
- relate customer databases together quickly and accurately
- create a single view of your customer
- help remove duplication in your database
- matching third party lists to your database for prospecting and direct marketing campaigns
For detailed postcode network maps showing urban and rural postcode boundaries and box lobby locations see the Postcode Network File (PNF).
How to access the Postal Address File (PAF)
If you pay the annual licence fee you can access PAF as often as you like and get quarterly updates. There are two types of licences:
- Base licence: for use within your organisation without direct product support from New Zealand Post: $1000
- Commercial licence: for use if you want to incorporate the data within commercial products or receive comprehensive support from New Zealand Post: $3000
- Upgrading from Base to Commercial PAF?: If you are an existing Base PAF customer you can upgrade your licence to Commercial PAF at a reduced rate. Instead of paying the full price, a pro-rata price will apply depending on the number of data releases you have remaining. You will pay $500 + GST per remaining release. For example if you have two remaining Base PAF releases the upgrade fee will be $1000 + GST. Please talk to our team if you are interested in upgrading.
All prices are in New Zealand dollars and exclude GST.
Terms and conditions
Full terms and conditions are available in the PAF licence agreement.