Collect customer payments
Let New Zealand Post collect your bill payments, licensing and subscription fees and other customer transactions. With over 280 PostShops it makes paying easier for your customers and for you.
Having us as your payment collection agent makes it easier for your customers to pay their bills, improving your cash flow and reducing transaction costs.
Payments are transferred speedily between New Zealand Post and your financial management systems. You can get payment notifications in real-time, as batched instalments throughout the day, or overnight – which ever suits you best.
We researched people’s attitudes and behaviour when it comes to paying bills and found that:
- 24% of New Zealanders pay their bills at PostShops using cash, Eftpos or cheque
- the reason people prefer to pay in person at a PostShop include location, convenience, confirming the payment, getting a receipt and being able to pay by cash or Eftpos
- 83% of adult New Zealanders use at least one New Zealand Post payment service every year.
Source: The Nielsen Company, 2009
How does it work?
The bill payment service involves a number of simple steps:
- Your customer visits a PostShop and pays your account by cash, cheque or Eftpos
- The following working day, New Zealand Post sends you an electronic file with all the payment details for the day before, including any account or reference numbers you need to reconcile
- The next working day New Zealand Post transfers the funds into your bank account
- If a bill payment is made by cheque and the cheque is dishonoured, adjustments will be made.
Terms and conditions
New Zealand Post Limited is a member of Financial Dispute Resolution (FDR)
in relation to its financial services. FDR is an independent scheme to help
consumers and financial service providers resolve disputes and is free for
consumers to use.