Digital Postage Meters
More cost-effective and more efficient than stocking prepaid products, a digital postage meter lets you weigh, frank, seal and brand your business mail.
We’ve contracted with Pitney Bowes to produce, install and maintain digital postage meters (DPM) which you can use to weigh mail and apply the correct postage.
The only mail items you can’t process with a DPM are tracked items such as parcels sent by ParcelPost Tracked.
Use of a DPM allows you to receive discounts on postage for your domestic parcels and all non-tracked international mail items. DPMs automatically update price changes so your mail will always carry the correct postage. They also have a four digit PIN to prevent pilfering of postage included envelopes, prepaid tickets and stamps.
The cost of a DPM varies depending on which model you choose and which package applies. There are two DPM packages:
Package 1 - Free* DPM
Use of a DPM for four years or more, free of lease charges*, if:
- your spend** with New Zealand Post is more than $100 (incl. GST) each month, and
- you sign up as a New Zealand Post account customer for a term of four years or more.
* You will still need to pay for ink and software for the DPM, labels and any artwork or other incidentals.
** Spend is calculated on the types of mail items you can process through a DPM – domestic and international letters and non-tracked parcels, of less than 1.5kg weight and 70mm thickness.
Package 2 - Own DPM Payments
You pay for your own purchase or lease of a DPM and receive a 7% discount on domestic letters processed through your DPM.
Both DPM packages are subject to the following:
- Discounts on postage charged for your domestic parcels and all non-tracked international mail items, when selected from the DPM menu, are:
|Domestic Letters||Domestic Parcels||International Letters||International Parcels|
|Package 1 - Free* DPM||0%||13%||5%||10%|
Package 2 - Own
- The use of your DPM (whether leased or purchased) will be subject to the DPM supplier’s terms and conditions.
- You must be a New Zealand Post corporate customer with a New Zealand Post Account.
- Any product discounts you have under a customer contract with New Zealand Post will not apply for mail processed through the DPM.
- You cannot use the DPM for tracked products such as ParcelPost Tracked, which must be sent using prepaid tickets, prepaid packaging or RedClick.
- Our DPM terms and conditions apply.
Once an order is confirmed, your DPM supplier aims to deliver and install your DPM within three to five working days. If you don’t have a current New Zealand Post Account, this may take slightly longer.
Terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to both Digital Postage Meter (DPM) Packages unless otherwise stated.
- You can choose one of the packages only.
- These packages cannot be used in conjunction with any other DPM Package.
- You must have a New Zealand Post Account.
- You agree to provide your account information to the DPM supplier for the purpose of clarifying the terms of the package.
- The DPM model offered to each customer is at the discretion of the DPM supplier and is based on the customer's postage spend and sending requirements. A full range of Digital Postage Meters can be viewed at the DPM supplier’s website www.pitneybowes.co.nz
- The DPM supplier will decide the most appropriate DPM for the postal usage and review this on an on-going basis to ensure it is suitable to your needs.
- To take up Package 1, you will need to spend a minimum of $100 (incl. GST) each month with New Zealand Post, on a combination of domestic and international letter and parcel items able to be sent via a DPM (i.e. not courier or tracked products or parcels over 1.5kg in weight or 70mm in thickness).
- To take up Package 1, you must sign up as a New Zealand Post Account customer for a term of four years or more.
- The free lease of a DPM (under Package 1) is for one DPM per customer, although the DPM supplier reserves the right to offer multiple DPMs depending on your total spend with New Zealand Post.
- Neither package includes ongoing sundries or any artwork (e.g. for overprinting envelopes or company personalised advertising slogans loaded onto the DPM).
- For any mail product selected from the DPM menu and processed through the DPM, the discounts offered by the relevant package will be applied. Any discounts in any other contract you have with New Zealand Post do not apply.
These packages are subject to:
- New Zealand Post’s standard terms and conditions for business customers (except where inconsistent with these DPM terms),
- the DPM supplier’s standard DPM terms and conditions (PDF, 74kb) (as set out in the license to use a DPM);
- the DPM supplier’s normal lending, leasing and credit criteria; and
- any minimum usage period stated in the package.
- New Zealand Post has the right to adjust or remove both of these packages as they see fit without prior notice.
ParcelPost, ParcelPost Tracked and RedClick are trade marks of New Zealand Post Limited.