Create an all in one gifting experience with Send a Card.
Send a Card
Design your company’s personalised greeting and postcards online, upload up to 200 addresses then have us print and send with Send a Card.
A great idea for Christmas, birthdays, weddings - any occasion or event!
You can design your greeting cards or postcards online or on your iPhone. We’ll print them on high quality heavyweight card with a premium satin finish and you can create the ultimate gifting experience by purchasing a Gift Card or Prezzy Card to send with your card.
Upload a favourite photo (or select an image from our range), add your personalised greeting, choose a Prezzy Card or Gift Card and we will take care of the rest. We'll aim to delivery your cards within 1 - 3 working days.
- Postcard: $1.49 per card sent within New Zealand
- Greeting card: $2.49 per card sent within New Zealand
- Cards sent from your iPhone: $4.99 per card sent anywhere in the world.
Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
This Agreement sets out the Terms and Conditions that apply when you are using New Zealand Post’s Send a Card Service. By using the Send a Card Service you acknowledge you have read this Agreement and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use this Service. In this Agreement:
‘Content’ means any and all content, data, graphics, photographs, images, software, trade marks, service marks, trade names and other information contained in the Site.
‘Customer’ and ‘You’ means the user of this Site.
‘GST’ means the goods and services tax chargeable under the Goods and Services Tax Act 1985 (NZ).
‘Material’ means all text (including contact and sender details), photographs and imagery submitted by the Customer to New Zealand Post in order to use the Send a Card Service.
‘NZDT’ means New Zealand Daylight Savings Time.
‘New Zealand Post’, 'We' and 'Us' mean New Zealand Post Limited.
'NZST’ means New Zealand Standard Time (GMT+12).
'Personal information' means information about an identifiable individual.
'Service' means New Zealand Post’s online 'Send a Card’ service, including use of the Site and Content in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
'Site' means the website that this Service is available from, being http://sendacard.nzpost.co.nz.
‘Working day’ means a day (other than a Saturday, Sunday or a New Zealand Public Holiday) on which registered banks are open for business in Auckland and Wellington, New Zealand.
Terms and Conditions
What you can use the Send a Card Site for:
- The Service provides an online service that enables people in New Zealand and overseas to create and send personalised postcards and greeting cards (‘Cards’) to friends and family in New Zealand or overseas. You may not use this Service to send Cards to mailing lists to which you do not have full rights or to send unsolicited bulk or commercial messages.
Send a Card enables you to:
- Select postcard or greeting card templates.
- Add an image from the Image Library or by uploading your own image.
- Upload your own image (optional) – we recommend medium sized photos from digital cameras (2-4MB optimum). We do not recommend photos from mobile devices as the resolution is generally too low for printing. When you upload Material to the Site you are indicating that you own the photo and/or image and/or have full rights to its use.
- Personalise the front of your Card with a salutation (e.g. Merry Christmas Jane).
- Add your message in the editable region of the template. (Selection of up to 5 fonts available depending on the template you have selected). Fonts inherit preset colours and sizes. Manipulation of font styles and colours is not enabled. Font resizing may occur depending on the length of your message. Message length is restricted by template capacity.
- Add name and postal address of your contact(s). You can enter up to 50 addresses for sending any one Card. If you intend sending an individual card to multiple recipients, please check your salutation and message are not personalised!
- Add your own address.
- Schedule your Card. You can set a send date up to 3 months in advance (e.g. one week before Valentine’s Day) that your card will be sent to the printer.
- Preview your Card and check your order. Make sure all details are correct.
- Pay for your Card(s) to be sent using a credit card in New Zealand Dollars via our payment gateway service.
- Receive an email receipt for your transaction. By accepting these Terms and Terms and Conditions you agree to receive this email receipt.
Use of Site
- The Site and Content are owned by New Zealand Post and are protected by New Zealand and international copyright and trade mark laws.
- As the Customer, you are responsible for ensuring that the Material supplied for the Card is not unlawful, inappropriate or immoral. Your order shall constitute an offer to New Zealand Post to conclude a contract subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- New Zealand Post is under no obligation to accept any order. A contract comes into being following the explicit acceptance of the order. New Zealand Post will send you an order confirmation by e-mail. In the event that New Zealand Post is unable to proceed with the order, we will try to notify you by phone, e-mail or post.
- New Zealand Post will not accept any orders requesting a send date: (a) Less than 4 working days from the date of the order; or (b) More than 3 months from the date of the order.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your order is placed in good time to allow forprinting and delivery. Please bear in mind that where a Card is rejected and requires resubmission, this will delay the send date.
- Except as defined in these Terms and Conditions you may not use the Site or modify, copy, reproduce, publish, post, transmit, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works from, download, transfer or sell any Content without the express prior written consent of New Zealand Post.
- We may at our sole discretion change or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any element of the Send a Card Service at any time, including but not limited to introducing new Content, or changing or discontinuing any part of the current Content.
As the Customer you agree that:
- (a) You are solely responsible for any use of the Service including the Material (which includes name and address details). New Zealand Post shall not be bound to check the provided Material.
- (b) You will only send Cards to friends, family and contacts that are known to you.
- (c) You will comply with all applicable laws, including applicable privacy, advertising, intellectual property and consumer protection laws;
- (d) You are solely responsible for ensuring that your collection, use, uploading and disclosure of personal information though the Site fully complies with all applicable privacy laws, including obtaining all necessary consents;
- (e) New Zealand Post does not accept liability for orders that are not accepted due to failure to meet these requirements.
(f) You will not use the Service to send any message or Material that:
- Is unsolicited mail in violation of applicable laws;
- Would violate the intellectual property rights of any party (including copyrighted imagery or text);
- Would violate the privacy rights of any party;
- Is harassing, abusive, libellous, threatening, fraudulent or misleading; Contains obscene, pornographic, profane or inappropriate messages or images;
- Contains any information suggesting that New Zealand Post supports or endorses the performance of any product or service promoted by you;
- Contains any software viruses;
- May be misleading, offensive to any ethnic or religious group, contains any political message or could be associated with a current or former political cause or leader;
- Is for the purposes of political campaigning, commercial solicitation or chain letters; or
- Is otherwise unlawful, or would give rise to civil liability, or that constitutes or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offence, under any applicable laws or regulations.
- Although New Zealand Post is not responsible for any such communications, we may suspend any such communications of which we are made aware at any time, with or without prior notice to you.
- New Zealand Post reserves the right to refuse the Services, delete offending cards, cancel orders and block users from accessing the Site without consultation in its sole discretion.
- New Zealand Post reviews cards prior to printing for appropriateness. Any cards bearing overseas sender addresses or containing Material deemed by our administrators to be inappropriate will be rejected within 1 working day of being submitted. The administrator will contact you by email informing you of the reason why the Card was rejectedand providing a link to the Site to correct and resubmit the Card. You will then have 10 working days from the day on which the administrator has emailed you to correct and resubmit the Card via the Site, during which time no further fees will be charged (or at your option, a refund may be requested), after which time these options will expire.
- New Zealand Post reserves the right to reject ALL content that fails to meet our designated requirements and standards and to suspend any such communications of which we are made aware at any time, with or without prior notice to you.
- If you choose to access this Site from outside New Zealand you accept that the Service may not be appropriate for use in your jurisdiction and you will be responsible for compliance with your local laws.
Ordering and Delivery (New Zealand & International)
- Cards will be printed in New Zealand and dispatched from New Zealand Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm (NZST/ NZDT). No cards will be printed on the weekend or on New Zealand Public Holidays.
- Cards will be printed in New Zealand and dispatched from New Zealand.
You are responsible for ensuring that your order is placed in good time to allow for printing and delivery of your Card. From the date of your order, you must allow:
- 8 working days for delivery within New Zealand;
- 10 working days for delivery to Australia; and
- 14 working days for delivery to the Rest of the World.
- New Zealand Post will make every effort to print and send Cards in accordance with the send date selected by you. Delivery dates are not guaranteed.
- Cards are carried in accordance with the Postal User’s Guide and the Public Contract.
- Check the links below for more detailed information on delivery durations.
- We currently only support English on the Site. We do not guarantee support for languages other than English, although in future we may enhance the Site with additional language sets. This Site does not support macrons or Cyrillic scripts. If you use another language in the Material we reserve the right to reject it or require you to meet the costs of any translation that we may consider necessary to ensure that the Material complies with these Terms and Conditions.
Provision and use of information
- You agree to provide your correct name, postal address and email address and contact information and confirm that this is current and true. Failure to enter these details correctly may result in your mail not being delivered or being returned to you.
- New Zealand Post will have no liability to Customers who provide false name and contact details.
- New Zealand Post collects and stores personal and non-personal information. Personal information is supplied voluntarily and includes, e.g. your contact details (name, address, email address) and the contact details of your chosen recipient. Non-personal information such as site statistical reports including browser types etc is collected on an anonymous basis and reported on in a collective manner.
- All information provided will be stored by New Zealand Post, and treated as confidential.
- All data on the Site is stored securely to protect data against unauthorised processing or unauthorised access. No liability can be accepted for the security of data transmitted via the Internet.
- In the event that New Zealand Post engages third-party services to provide the Service, it shall be authorised to make the data necessary for this purpose available to the third parties engaged.
- New Zealand Post will not keep or reuse recipient addresses for further communications. We will only keep your contact details if you have opted in to receiving further communications from us.
- We do store all contact information for the purposes of ensuring your Card is delivered correctly. New Zealand Post will store these details securely until we can be sure the Card has been successfully delivered. Periodically we will securely remove data that has been stored for over 6 months, upon confirmation that it has served the intended purpose.
- The fees you pay for using the Send a Card service are as stated on the Site at the time of use.
- Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in New Zealand dollars with GST included.
- You are responsible for paying all fees associated with using the Service and all applicable taxes.
- We may increase our fees for the Service at any time - whether in association with the introduction of a new element or product or otherwise. New fees will be posted on the Site and will apply to any Services you use on a going forward basis.
When and how to pay
Payment must be made by credit card. The following options are currently available:
- American Express
- Payment must be made at the time of your order. The Service uses the DPS Hosted Payment Gateway for all transactions. DPS is a leading Payment Gateway in New Zealand and provides a secure PCIDSS compliant solution.
- During promotional periods free cards may be available for sending to addresses within New Zealand. These free cards will be limited to specific templates and available only for a limited time and quantity. Once these parameters are reached the promotion will close automatically. No additional free cards will be available, no exceptions.
- Free cards will be free including printing and postage, and the costs to print and post these cards are covered by New Zealand Post or an agreement with the advertiser who has endorsed the card.
- New Zealand Post does not accept liability for people claiming to have sent a free card during a promotional period that cannot be viewed in our approval system. All free cards sent are traceable. No compensation is payable for non-delivery of free cards.
- Promotional Codes (“Promo Codes”) entitle the Customer, at the time of placing an order through the Site, to a special discount offered during promotional periods.
- New Zealand Post reserves the right to decline to accept a Promo Code where it deems that Promo Code invalid for the order being placed.
- Promo Codes will only be valid for a limited period. The duration and expiry dates of the relevant Promo Code will be included with the promotional details of the relevant Promo Code.
- The Customer can only use one Promo Code per each card ordered through the Site. The Customer may use the same Promo Code for more than one purchase through the Site, subject to the Promo Code’s validity for each order placed.
- Promo Codes are not valid on sale or other discounted items, or in conjunction with any other promotions or special offers, unless we explicitly state otherwise.
- New Zealand Post reserves the right to terminate the validity of any Promo Code at any time.
Warranty of Title
- You are responsible for providing Material of printable quality. You guarantee that you own or are otherwise licensed to use all of the intellectual property rights to the content of the Material submitted.
- The Customer further warrants that to the best of their knowledge use of the data for the intended purpose does not infringe the rights of any third parties or contravene any other legal provisions in New Zealand or abroad.
- The Customer further affirms that at the time of concluding the contract they are not aware of any third-party rights in the Material and, in particular, that no copyrights of photographs will be infringed as a result of performance of the Service.
- The Customer undertakes to fully indemnify New Zealand Post in respect of any claims by third parties relating thereto (infringement of copyrights, infringement of licence agreement terms) in the first instance. The Customer bears the sole and unrestricted responsibility for the Material submitted.
- New Zealand Post takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Material posted by you or any third party. New Zealand Post expressly assumes no warranty of title for Material supplied by the Customer.
Receiving unwarranted cards
- We do check cards for appropriateness but in the event that you receive a card containing inappropriate content from Send a Card (e.g. containing copyright or inappropriate images or text), you can contact us at email@example.com
In your email please include:
- Your name and contact phone number
- Sender’s details
- Send a Card Code (refer to 8 character code on back RHS of card).
- We may request a physical or scanned copy of the card to verify offending content.
Unauthorised access/breach of security measures
You must not use, or permit the use of the Service in any way (including, without limitation, transmission, distribution or storage) for any purpose that is, or is likely to be:
- an unauthorised use access or monitoring of:
- Any host, the Site or other network; or
- Any component, device, authentication system, data, website, password, account; or
- Any other breach of any security measure.
You agree that you will not:
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission; or
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure (as determined by us in our sole discretion); or
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site;
- By-pass the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site.
Without limiting any of the above, undertaking or attempting to undertake any of the following is deemed to violate this Agreement:
- Transmitting, distributing or storing any material protected by copyright, trade mark, trade secret or other intellectual property right without proper authorisation;
- Sending material that is obscene, defamatory, an invasion of privacy, or that constitutes an illegal threat, or that is otherwise illegal;
- Uploading to the Site and/or using any personal information of any third party without that third party’s consent or otherwise in breach of applicable privacy laws;
- Altering the source of any data (causing origination of malformed data or network traffic);
- Impersonating, relaying, spoofing, misrepresenting identity, or using a third party email server to relay without express authorisation;
- Altering or forging electronic mail headers (including any portion of the IP packet header and/or electronic mail address) or any sender identity, posting or any other method used to forge, disguise, or conceal the user’s identity or to cause disruption;
- Hacking or scamming (or other unauthorised use of non-Customer accounts or resources, stealing passwords, etc);
- Distributing harmful codes such as computer viruses, worms and trap doors;
- Overloading any shared infrastructure;
- Causing denial of service, SYN flood or other attacks by sending mass volumes of data or other abusive behaviour likely to disrupt or disable the recipient system; or
- Creating liability for us or causing us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers.
Your liability to us
- In this clause 'us' includes New Zealand Post, our subsidiaries, affiliates, and suppliers, and each of their officers, directors and employees.
You agree to fully indemnify us and hold us harmless from any claim or demand, including legal costs and fees, made by any third party due to, or arising out of:
- Your use of the Service;
- Your breach of this Agreement (or any documents it incorporates by reference); or
- Your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- You agree to cooperate as fully as reasonably required in defence of any such claim. New Zealand Post reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
Our liability to you
- In this clause 'we' include our subsidiaries, affiliates, and suppliers, and each of their officers, directors, and employees.
This Site, including but not limited to any Content and the Service are provided on an 'as is' basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- We do not make any representation or offer any warranty (express, implied or statutory);
- We specifically disclaim any implied representation, warranties of title, merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, whether arising by law, or through a course of dealing or usage or trade.
- We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Services. Operation of our Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. In no event shall we be liable for any unavailability or inoperability of the Services, telecommunications systems or the internet, technical malfunction, computer error, or other corruption or loss of information, or other injury, damage or disruption of any kind that is beyond our control.
Limitation of liability
- New Zealand Post and its authorised agents shall be responsible only for direct loss or damage which they have caused intentionally or through their own gross negligence. In particular, any liability for consequential damages or lost profits is expressly ruled out.
- You agree to report any defective Cards to New Zealand Post immediately. Your sole remedy, and New Zealand Post’s sole liability, shall be the correction and replacement of the Card(s) free of charge.
- If the replacement Card is also defective, the Customer shall be able to withdraw from the contract or to demand compensation equivalent to the value of the defect. New Zealand Post shall have no liability to you if you fail to provide accurate information to New Zealand Post.
- In no event shall we be liable for lost profits (or solicitors’ fees) or any special, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or your use of the Site or the Service (however arising, including negligence).
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, our maximum liability to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall be for direct, provable damages in an amount not greater than the fees actually paid by you in respect of the transaction that is the subject of the claim. In the instance of failed delivery for free cards, where no fees are paid, there will be no compensation to the sender. Our advertisers are covered in a separate agreement that makes allowances for failed delivery items.
- New Zealand Post shall not be responsible for, or assume any liability for, any Material uploaded or otherwise transmitted by you or any third party. You agree to hold harmless New Zealand Post and any parties with whom New Zealand Post has contracted for the purposes of hosting or maintaining this Site from all claims based upon communications or Materials made available by you on this Site.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
- Where you use the Service for a purpose other than for the purpose of a business, the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will apply.
- New Zealand Post may feature on its Site or in its e-mail communications to you links to third-party web sites. These may appear in the form of text links, advertisements, banners, buttons or otherwise. The goods and services available through these links are offered by independent companies, which are not affiliated in any way with New Zealand Post. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other web sites.
- There may be circumstances where access to this Site is provided by a link located at a third-party web site (e.g. an advertiser or sponsor of a free card). New Zealand Post does not give any representations or warranties with respect to any information contained in or at these other websites and New Zealand Post shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from the content of these other websites.
Our right to amend this agreement
- We may amend this Agreement at any time.
- We will notify you of any change in writing or by email or by posting the amended terms on this Site within 30 working days before the amendments are made live.
- If you do not agree to the amended terms, you will not be permitted to continue to use the Service.
- All Cards sent from this site will include the sender’s contact name and address. In the event that the correspondence cannot be delivered to the recipient address, then it will be returned to the address of the sender.
- All cards sent from this Site by senders with addresses outside of New Zealand will have the following sender address applied: Private Bag 92205, Auckland Mail Centre, Auckland 1142, New Zealand (‘Send a Card Address’).
- New Zealand Post is bound by international mail standards and agreements which require all cards sent from New Zealand to have a New Zealand return address.
- In the event that the Card cannot be delivered to the recipient address, it will be returned to the Send a Card Address. The Send a Card administrator will check the serial number on the Card displayed in the transparent address window. The administrator will use the serial number to locate the email address of the sender and send a notification by email to the sender of the failed delivery of the Card. On request by the sender, New Zealand Post will return the Card to sender upon failed delivery at no cost to the sender.
- We make no representations and give no warranties that Send a Card transactions or free cards will be capable of being processed on your computer equipment and software.
- We do not give any warranty that the Site will be free from technical glitches where data and images uploaded are lost or damaged. We do not give any warranty that the site will be free from any computer viruses, worms, software bombs, Trojan horses or similar items.
- We will not be liable (whether in contract, tort including negligence, equity or any other basis) for loss or damage to data, or viruses or similar items that may infect your computer equipment or software due to your use of the Site.22.
- Interpretation of Agreement: Clause headings and examples are provided for reference purposes only to assist in navigating and understanding these Terms and Conditions. They are not intended to define, or limit the scope or extent of any clause.
- Governing law: This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of New Zealand.
- Invalid provisions: If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- No waiver: Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- Assignment: We may assign our rights and obligations under this Agreement (including any incorporated Terms and Conditions. You may not assign your rights and obligations under this Agreement).
- Entire Agreement: This Agreement sets out the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to its subject matter.
- Please use the address below if you wish to contact us about the Send a Card service, or alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send a Card
New Zealand Post Limited
Private Bag 92205