Loaded for Travel card
Travel and shop with confidence in 12 currencies on one prepaid Visa card.
A Loaded for Travel card is the perfect travelling partner. Load as many currencies as you need (the foreign exchange rate of the day applies). It’s your choice depending on where you’ll be travelling.
You can load up to 12 currencies on to a Loaded for Travel card:
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- United States Dollar (USD)
- Great Britain Pound (GBP)
- Euro (EUR)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Thai Baht (THB)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Indian Rupee (INR)
- South African Rand (ZAR).
With your Loaded for Travel card you can shop and pay at over 29 million places that accept Visa, and withdraw local cash at 1.8 million ATMs around the world. It’s a lot safer than carrying cash. You’ll even get two cards in case one is lost. Plus, keep an eye on foreign exchange rates and load your card when they are looking good.
The Loaded for Travel card gives you:
- you can load up to 12 different currencies
- it works just like a credit card at 29 million Visa retailers around the world, except you’re accessing money you’ve loaded
- you can withdraw cash at 1.8 million ATMs
- shop in the local currency
- each currency is loaded into its own ‘wallet’ on the card, so it’s easy to see exactly how much money you have.
- keep an eye on the exchange rates and load your card when they are looking good
- however much you load at one time, for each currency, the reload fee is just 1% but capped to a maximum of NZ$10 for each load (or a similar fixed amount in each other currency), so you can regularly load savings before you travel (see our fees and limits for full details)
- load or reload your card online
- check your card balance anytime, online, via text or email.
- it's safer than carrying cash
- you have a second card if one gets lost.
To get a Loaded for Travel card you’ll need to visit your local PostShop because we require proof of identity, or if you are a Kiwibank customer you can order through Internet Banking.
Kiwibank customers can simply swipe any Kiwibank card and enter their PIN at the PostShop counter.
All other customers just need one of the following:
- NZ or overseas passport
- NZ photo drivers licence
- NZ firearms licence
- NZ police or defence photo ID card
- NZ credit card with photo
- HANZ ID card
- ATM card from a New Zealand bank with your name embossed plus a birth certificate
- For non Kiwibank customers under 18 years - a birth certificate or any of the photo IDs above.
For full details and frequently asked questions, visit the Loaded for Travel website.
Loaded for Travel cards are promoted by New Zealand Post Limited and issued by Kiwibank Limited. Download Kiwibank Limited’s Disclosure Statement or pick up a copy from your local Kiwibank. Loaded cards are available to New Zealand residents only and may not be purchased by persons residing outside of New Zealand. The Kiwibank “Loaded” names, logos and related trade marks and service marks are owned by Kiwibank Limited. Terms and conditions apply to the use of your Loaded for Travel card, and are available at loadedfortravel.co.nz.