Find out what to bring with you when you apply for an IRD number at your local PostShop.
At your local PostShop
Apply for an IRD number at your local PostShop
Find your local PostShop
You need an IRD number if:
- You have a job and pay taxes.
- You’re a parent or guardian applying on behalf of a child under 16.
- You’re a student and registering for a student loan.
What to bring with you to your local PostShop:
- A completed IR595 application form, available at ird.govt.nz or at your local PostShop
Two original forms of ID, one from each category:
- Category A (e.g., NZ birth certificate, NZ passport)
- Category B (e.g., NZ driver licence, NZ 18+ card, student photo ID)
- Photocopies of each form of ID
Check your application form to find a full list of acceptable ID for each category.