Organise travel insurance for you and your family on the spot at your local PostShop.
Travel’s an adventure and it pays to be prepared. Instant Insurance for Travel offers great value protection and a broad range of benefits to cover the things that might otherwise hamper your travels. Simply purchase over the counter at your local PostShop.
The cost of your travel insurance depends on your destination (Plan A, B, or C), how long you’re away and whether you want cover as an individual or as a family.
- Plan A – Australia, Bali, Norfolk Island, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Nauru, Kiribati, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Fiji, Tonga, the Samoa’s, Cook Islands, Niue and Tahiti.
- Plan B – Worldwide except USA, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Greece and Portugal.
- Plan C – Worldwide.
Any country classed as “Extreme Risk” by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade (MFAT) is not covered with this policy – to find out more, visit safetravel.govt.nz.
|Plan A||Plan B||Plan C|
|Up to 5 days||$38||$73||$73||$140||$104||$200|
|For 8 days||$45||$86||$86||$165||$123||$236|
|For 14 days||$60||$115||$115||$221||$164||$315|
|For 21 days||$78||$150||$149||$286||$213||$409|
|For 28 days||$96||$184||$184||$353||$263||$505|
|For 60 days||$134||$257||$256||$492||$366||$703|
|For 90 days||$164||$315||$313||$601||$448||$860|
|For 120 days||$193||$371||$371||$712||$529||$1016|
If you are travelling for a duration not shown in the table above (eg. 35 days) visit your local PostShop to find out how much your travel insurance will cost.
What you are insured for
Instant Insurance for Travel has great cover for:
- Personal baggage
- Money and travel documents
- Emergency purchases
- Loss of deposits
- Cancellation and curtailment
- Accidental death and permanent disablement
- Medical and other expenses (with 24 hr emergency assistance)
- Liability protection
- Travel delay or missed connection
- Public transport services strikes and hijacks
- Rental vehicle insurance excess
Things you need to know
We offer a seven day money back guarantee. If for any reason, you decide to cancel Instant Insurance for Travel we will give you a full refund – providing it is within seven days of purchase date and you have not started your travel or made a claim.
Eligibility conditions apply and important terms, conditions and exclusions are set out in the policy wording. You can check these out at your local Post Shop.
Instant Insurance for Travel is issued by TOWER Insurance Limited and arranged by New Zealand Post.
Organise your travel insurance on the spot at your local PostShop.