Kiwi kids’ letters to Santa – 2012 edition
New Zealand Post’s annual celebration of the brilliant, beautiful and occasionally bizarre things Kiwi kids say in their letters to Santa.
It’s the final week to write to Santa Claus and receive a letter in return, and thousands of Kiwi kids have already put pen, pencil or crayon to paper. Anyone wishing to write to Santa – and get a response - has until Friday 14 December to do so.
Post your letter to: Santa Claus, c/o Santa’s Workshop, North Pole 0001 - and be sure to include your full name and correct mailing address. Or visit the NZ Post website for details and the option to submit your request online.
The following is a selection of edited highlights from letters received so far this holiday season. Please note: All spelling and punctuation is verbatim, but names have been changed to protect privacy.
Kiwi kids: Naughty or Nice
- Dear Santa I am a good boy. I always am. It’s not true what you hear.
- I have been a good girl most of the time. But sometimes I forget. But then I remember.
- I have been a very good boy this year... I was a bit mean to my cat meow meow but I said sorry and gave her a kiss.
- My sister Innocent has been naughty Santa.
- I have been very good this year and promise to keep being good and stop whining.
- as far as you’re concerned and as far as I want to remember, i have been a really good boy.
- Ive been a good boy to my mum and my dad but not my sister cos she always makes my room messy.
- I have been quite naughty this year, but I am going to be good now so I can get my Christmas presents.
- If I turn my brain on and do good can i have presents at Christmas please. I think I have been good this year.
- If I have been good then could you please give me 9,999,999 dolars for crismis.
- I am sorry about being a little bit naughty for the last few years, this year I have been a very very very very very good boy. Apart from when i wasn’t.
- I am trying very hard to be good and not cheeky.
- I might of done a little bit of fighting with Kim. I am really executed for X-mas.
- On the whole I have been good this year, just the odd bad judgement call like rolling in the mud pool 3 days in a row at school.
- P.S. I have been really naughty this year so I’d understand if you didn’t get me anything, but I still love you Santa and I think that’s more than a lot of kids these days.
Kiwi kids share their thoughts on Santa and his impending visit:
- I like Santa. Santa gives out lollies and he is squishy and red.
- I hope you and the polar bears are doing well and getting lots of chocolate
- I will leave you a treat Santa as I think you are getting too skinny. Don’t tell Mrs Claus.
- Please sneek into my house and try not to wake me and don’t get too drunk on the beers, my Dad said I can only give you one of his.
- I hope your reindeer will like their carrots, but last year they left some poos on our floor inside our house, my little sister ate one of them too!!
- Thank you for all of the presents you have given me in the past years! I have a pet fish that does nothing.
- Thanks you for Elves and reindeer and you working so hard to drop off all the presents to the whole world and Mars.
Many Kiwi kids have quite modest wishes:
- Could I please have a jar to put water in for pretend fish.
- You can give me anything you want too except used chewing gum.
- All I want for christmas is lots of bubbles
- Please may i have a present. I would like a blue one.
- I would like a lolly pop. Lolly pops are my favourite.
- I would like something for Christmas that my brother wont steal.
- For Christmas I would like some toys and some cuddles.
- I would like a tree, and a tree and a tree and more tree and tree. And tree.
- Im a boy and would like boy presents because im a boy.
While some Kiwi kids are wishing for things which may be a bit harder to find:
- Can I please have some chocolate that comes back when you eat it all.
- I am five and half years old. I wish i am a bird can fly in the sky. I wish the flower I pick from the garden never die ever ever.
- please could i have a skateboard for swimming
- I would like a water pistol that never needs refilling, an aeroplane that you touch and it takes off, something that makes my brother smile, a picture you smile at and it smiles back, a paper dart that goes for 20 seconds then wheels come out of it when it lands, a jumping frog that can take people across the world
- I would like to turn into a mermaid
- A My little Pony that can really fly in the air above the sky. Please could I have a little computer that has a pink dog that does every sort of thing.
- dear santa please can i have bending powers and be Hulk when im mad, except at my family.
- Could I have a million boxes of Ninjago Lego?
Pets are, as always, a popular wish for many children:
- Are you please able to get me a little puppy. I really want a small one which does not do any poos or wees so that I do not have to clean it.
- This year can I please have a real tiger and a real dog. I promise I will look after the tiger and won’t let it eat my cats.
- For Christmas I would like a penguin, they are awesome, I like the way they swim through the water.
- I would please like a new goldfish because my last one ran away
- For Christmas this year can I please have the biggest bumblebee in the whole world who can talk and fall asleep.
- Can you give my cat Billy another cat so he has a friend?
- Could I please get a miniature pony for Christmas. I promise to look after it, and when I move out of home to leave it with you to look after.
But Santa is willing to give consideration to any well argued case:
- We would like 2 drum sets for me and my brother so we can play them at Christmas. My mummy doesn’t think this is a good idea, but we think it’s great.
- Would you be able to make me a little chair so I can sit at a little table instead of the floor.
- This year can I swap one of my annoying sisters for a really cool toy?
- I haven’t been home for almost a year, so could you please give me a flying saucer or a plan ticket?
- Please could I have a remote control helicopter for Christmas. I also wondered if you could do anything magical to get rid of my warts
- If you don’t want me to have an iPad my second choise would be money.
- For Christmas I would really like a claw machine. I know it was not your fault it got broken last year – you can not control turbulence in your sleigh – but I really want one and mum and dad are sick of hearing about it.
- Please put some presents like an axe for slaying dragons under my tree. I’ve been a good kid.
- My brother and i are great at clesning the chicken hut and cleaning the garage and I think we need a remote control car to keep up this progress.
- I would like some of your magic... i would use the magic to make my own special doll
- (After a long list of expensive wishes) Its a lot but I figure your quite rich as you have to buy presents for every single person in the world. So maybe you can give me some money aswell, if you don’t mind.
- PS. If you don’t bring my presents on time you might wanna watch your back.... muahahaha.
And last but not least, one Kiwi kid’s wish that you definitely won’t have heard on Christmas Past:
- Dear Santa, I love you. Can you please make me dance like the Gangnam guy, he is cool.