New Zealand Post Group announces Operations management appointment
New Zealand Post Group has secured the services of Airways Corporation of New Zealand Ltd CEO Ashley Smout to head up its new Operations division.
New Zealand Post Group CEO Brian Roche has announced Ashley Smout will take up the role in February next year.
“Ashley Smout has a proven track record in ensuring organisations are customer-focussed, profitable and efficient and able to adapt to changing market demands.
“Ashley has a background leading a highly successful State Owned Enterprise as well as experience in the private sector.
“This appointment is part of management changes in New Zealand Post Group designed to make us simpler to deal with, more customer-centred and better able to make the most of market opportunities,” Mr Roche said
The Operations division incorporates New Zealand Post Group’s delivery network including postal acceptance and delivery networks and postal production and processing.
Earlier this month Gary Woodham was announced as the Group General Manager of the newly-established Customer Services and Solutions division which encompasses aspects of New Zealand Posts existing retail, postal and Datam businesses.
Ashley Smout biography
- CEO of Airways Corporation of New Zealand Ltd since 2002. Joined Airways in 1999 as Chief Operating Officer.
- As CEO has led Airways Corporation New Zealand Ltd to be consistently rated as one of New Zealand’s highest performing SOEs against financial and operational criteria.
- From 1988 to 1998 worked for French multi-national Schneider Electric as General Manager in the Australian Operation and Country Manager in Singapore.
- Earlier career spent in marketing and senior operational management roles in the industrial manufacturing sector.
- Holds a Bachelor of Business Studies (Marketing) from Massey University, a Master of Business Administration from Auckland University and has completed the Stanford Executive Programme through Stanford University.