Boxlink Terms & Conditions
The standard terms and conditions of the products and services offered by New Zealand Post Limited, including information on the extent of our liability, are set out in the Public Contract and the Postal Users' Guide. They are also available for reference at PostShop stores and selected New Zealand Post retail outlets.
BoxLink is a fast and cost-effective way for businesses to send letters and other documents to New Zealand Post PO Boxes and Private Bags.
BoxLink cannot be used:
- to send items to street or rural addresses;
- as prepaid reply envelopes (response devices) for customers to mail back to you.
Items may only be sent to New Zealand Post PO Boxes and Private Bags.
Between major towns and cities^ - Two working days
Delivery targets are a guide only and we do not guarantee that your item will reach its destination within the delivery target. Delivery outside major towns and cities (listed below), including to and from rural or remote areas may take longer.
^Major towns and cities are:
Whangarei, Auckland, Hamilton, Cambridge, Te Awamutu, Tauranga, Whakatane*, Rotorua*, Tokoroa*, Taupo*, Gisborne*, New Plymouth, Wanganui*, Napier, Hastings, Palmerston North*, Fielding*, Levin*, Masterton*, Wellington/Kapiti, Nelson, Blenheim, Christchurch, Greymouth, Ashburton, Timaru, Oamaru, Queenstown, Dunedin, Invercargill.
* Due to transport schedules, the delivery target for FastPost from these towns to particular other major towns and cities on some days is two (2) working days.
No minimum volume.
BoxLink items must:
- have a BoxLink service indicator or digital postage meter (DPM) impression on the front, top, right-hand corner of the envelope or be posted in a BoxLink postage included envelope
- be addressed to a New Zealand Post PO Box or Private Bag (BoxLink items cannot be sent to street or rural addresses)
- include a New Zealand Post PO Box or Private Bag return address.
BoxLink postage included envelopes can be used to send items by BoxLink. They can only be used once and only within New Zealand. They can only be sent to New Zealand PO Boxes and Private Bags.
- PostShops and selected New Zealand Post retail outlets
- New Zealand Post Mail Service Centres
- New Zealand Post Business Mail Centres
- Business customers: items may also be lodged with your courier if you have a mail pick up service
BoxLink items should not be posted in street posting boxes or PostShop letter slots, as they may not receive the BoxLink service.
BoxLink items must be bundled separately from other items so they are clearly identified as requiring priority service. BoxLink items mixed with non-priority items may not receive the BoxLink service.
Prohibited and Restricted items
Special conditions apply to Prohibited and Restricted items. Prohibited and Restricted items include (but are not limited to) dangerous, perishable, fragile and high value items. Refer to section 1 of the Postal Users' Guide for full details.
Compensation terms and conditions
For full information about our Compensation terms and conditions, refer to section 2 of the Postal Users' Guide.