A cost-effective tracked courier service to send your items to Australia.
GoAustralia is a cost-effective courier service to send your tracked items to Australia within 3-8 working days* using Standard service and within 2-5 working days using Express service.
If you have an NZ Post business account, it’s easy for you to access the GoAustralia service via API or the web-based tool eShip, where you can create GoAustralia labels, manage your customers’ shipping addresses and track your customers’ parcels.
As a full parcel sending solution, GoAustralia Returns accepts items sent via GoAustralia service, which enables businesses based in New Zealand sending items to customers in Australia to be able to return unwanted items to them. GoAustralia Returns is not a tracked service and has a delivery target of 5-12 working days.
Free pickup: Parcels can be collected by our courier free of charge.
End-to-end tracking: Your item is tracked until it reaches its destination. Visit our Tracking tool
PO box delivery: A PO box can be used as your delivery address.
Postage is GST-zero: There’s no GST charged on your postage when you use the GoAustralia service.
Return unwanted items: Consumers in Australia can create shipping labels to return unwanted items, and lodge them in their local Australia Post office.
Sending with GoAustralia, you will be charged at the greater of actual weight or volumetric weight1, rounded up to the next 500g.
Weight2 limit per item
Minimum chargeable weight
Maximum value per item
up to 22kg
Maximum length: 1.05m
1. To calculate Volumetric weight: To calculate volumetric weight (kg), measure the item’s height (m) x length (m) x thickness (m) and multiply this by 200, e.g. (0.45m x 0.35m x 0.25m) x 200 = 7.86kg (rounded up to 8kg as the chargeable weight).
2. Weight and size limit include any packaging.
3. This is subject to a number of important limitations and exclusions, in particular in relation to High Risk and Prohibited items. For further information about our compensation terms and conditions and High Risk and Prohibited items, please refer to the relevant sections of the Postal Users' Guide
Sending by GoAustralia
You’ll need the following to send with GoAustralia:
- A completed electronic shipping label generated via NZ Post electronic lodgement tools (such as eShip or APIs) with the sender, receiver and the parcel content information written in English
- Attach a copy of the commercial invoice or an Export Invoice (NCPI025)
- For items valued over NZ$1,000, a completed Export Entry is required by New Zealand Customs. NZ Post can complete this on your behalf for an additional fee.
Managing the return of items by GoAustralia Returns
You’ll need to do the following:
- Obtain an order number in a format supplied by NZ Post for the end consumers to generate the shipping labels for retuned items using the International GoAustralia Returns portal, with information and documentation provided fully and accurately
- Attach the shipping labels and required documentation to the package
- Note: GoAustralia Returns items can be lodged at any Australia Post Post Office, Licensed Post Office (LPO) or street posting box. You can find one using the Australia Post locator tool
Things you need to know and do
Before using this service:
- GoAustralia is a product of International GoCourier service, it is only available for customers with an NZ Post business account who have a contract for International Courier service.
- GoAustralia Returns only accepts the items that have been sent via GoAustralia.
- Ensure your item is safe to send by checking our prohibited or restricted items information. You may also need to check with Australia Border Force to see if the items are allowed to enter into Australia by post or by courier.
- Find out if you’ll be compensated if your item goes missing or gets damaged, and how much you may be entitled to subject to your compliance with our terms and conditions. Maximum compensation value for GoAustralia and GoAustralia Returns items is NZ$250. No additional cover is available.
Terms and Conditions
GoCourier, GoAustralia, GoChina, GoUK and GoUSA are trademarks of New Zealand Post.
* Items will usually arrive at their destination within the timeframe specified for each service, however because we do not directly control all parts of the delivery chain, we cannot guarantee that your item will always reach its destination within the target delivery times. Delivery to areas outside major cities or where the item is dutiable or held by Customs may take longer.