A tracked service for sending large amounts of small international parcels up to 2kg on a regular basis.
International Air Satchel Tracked service has a 3 – 10 working day delivery target. It is only available to customers with an NZ Post business account, for mailings of letters and/or small parcels (up to 2kg per item).
This is a tracked service available to 52 destination countries. Visit World Zone for the destinations of this service.
Free pick up: parcels are collected by courier free of charge on a pre-arranged basis.
Only pay for what you send: parcels are charged using continuous weight pricing. This means you will pay for the actual weight of your parcel in 10g increments. The minimum chargeable weight for International Air items is 100g.
Postage is GST zero rated on all international items: you'll save administration time and improve cash flow, because you don't have to pay GST on the items you send and claim it back later.
There is no minimum requirement on volume or value per lodgement. Only one lodgement may be made per day.
Dimension and weight restrictions
Letters and documents
(height x length)
|Maximum weight||Maximum thickness|
|Medium||130mm x 235mm||100g||5mm|
|Oversize||260mm x 358mm||200g||10mm|
|Maximum length + width + depth||Maximum length of any side||Minimum size||Maximum weight|
|900mm||600mm||105mm x 148mm||2kg|
Rolls and tubes
|Maximum length + (diameter x 2)||Maximum length||Maximum weight|
Sending items by International Air Satchel Tracked
To send your letters by International Air Satchel Tracked service you need to:
- Send paper-based written or printed documents only.
- Put your return address and postcode on the top left corner or the back of each item.
- Ensure your PermitPost indicia is on the top right corner.
- Ensure all information on the address label and any Customs declaration (if required) is in English.
To send your parcels by International Air Satchel Tracked service you need to:
- Put an International Air service indicator on each item.
- Complete a green Customs Declaration (OS008a) or an electronic shipping label generated via a NZ Post electronic lodgement tool with the sender, receiver and the parcel content information written in English. For the electronic shipping labels, only the country associated with the receiver’s details needs to be provided in English.
- Include a copy of the commercial invoice or an Export Invoice (NCPI025) (PDF - 49KB) if your parcel is being sent as part of a commercial transaction.
Things you need to know
There are a few other things you need to know about this service:
- The information contained within the declaration may be electronically transmitted to the destination postal administration and national government agencies (such as Customs) in advance of arrival for fiscal, risk, security and border clearance purposes, in line with national and international legislation. Learn more about Electronic Advance Data (EAD).
- A service fee $5 (GST zero-rated, RRP) will be applied and invoiced if a manual green Customs declaration form is used, to cover the EAD capture cost, processing and administration.
- For the latest updates on affected delivery times or items we temporarily cannot accept, please visit our international delivery updates page.
- Ensure your item is safe to send by checking our prohibited and restricted items information.
- Find out if you’ll be compensated if your item goes missing or gets damaged and how much you may be entitle to subject to your compliance with our terms and conditions. No compensation is payable for loss of or damage to letter items sent by International Air Satchel Tracked service. Customers may send International Air Satchel Tracked parcel items (and may be entitled to a compensation limit of) up to NZ$250 in value.
- You must be a customer with a NZ Post business account to access this service.
- Please refer to your pricing guide for postage.