A New Zealand Post cloud-based internet application that simplifies and automates the process of delivering your customer orders.
It allows you to ship using New Zealand Post and CourierPost domestic and international delivery networks. It can also import your customer orders from popular eCommerce, accounting, and CMS systems.
Using eShip, you can:
- Import all your orders into one cloud-accessible location to reduce your pick and pack time
- Allocate your orders to our delivery networks according to rules set by you
- Print packing slips, invoices, parcel labels and electronically submit customs manifests
- Communicate to your customers their parcel tracking information and order status via email or mobile
Features of eShip
CourierPost, NZ Post International and Pace in one product
eShip is the first product to offer all our carrier options in one place. You can add new shipping options your their business grows and expands - without having to engage a new courier service nor having to train your staff on a new software product.
Customised email notification
eShip can send parcel recipients tracking information emails and text messages. You can customise the appearance of these emails to include your own wording, branding, and links to social media.
Address book upload
You can upload your company’s address book into eShip to save time on data entry and to make sure your address information is valid. This is very helpful for businesses that ship to the same customers frequently. You can easily upload a spreadsheet of address data to the address book in eShip to save manual typing.
You can learn how to import an address book here.
eShip can integrate with all of the most popular ecommerce, CRM and warehouse management tools. This achieves three things:
- Order Import. Every ten minutes eShip will automatically import any new orders, making these available for users to action on the Ship screen.
- Tracking Number transfer: After an order is printed, eShip will send the integrated product the tracking number. Many eCommerce platforms can add this tracking number to its own tracking page or email it to the customer.
- Order Update: eShip can update the status of the order in the integrated product; typical changing it from “Processing” to “Complete”. This triggers features such as sending email notification the item is on its way, or an invoice email.
You can find out how to integrate each product here.
Order file import
It’s also possible to import orders from a spreadsheet file. Orders contain addressing information along with an order number, product information, item weight and delivery instructions. This means all a user needs to do is assign a delivery service and pick a parcel size in order to print a label. This is a big time saver!
You can learn how to import orders here.
Rules are designed to automate the selection of shipping services and auxiliary services when orders are imported via an integration or from a file. For example, a user could create a role that makes an order have Signature Required if it’s worth over a certain monetary value, or choose a more urgent delivery service based upon an option the customer selected in the integrated product. Using rules removes the manual step of assigning delivery services to each order, meaning that imported orders can be printed immediately, increasing the speed at which orders can be processed.
Learn how to create rules here.
With eShip, you can create pick slips for any open order. It contains the customer’s contact and address information, along with the products in the order and a barcode that references the order number. Pick slips are used by warehouses where multiple users are processing and printing orders.
With the Quick Print function, you can input an order number and open the order for editing or print a label immediately. Quick Print works particularly well with pick slips, as the pick slip barcode can be scanned to input the order number into eShip to print the label, enabling a warehouse with multiple users to quickly pick and pack high order volumes with accuracy.
eShip can bulk print imported orders. If these orders have had a shipping service and parcel size assigned (either manually or automatically via Rules and Package settings), the orders can be selected and printed in a batch. eShip makes bulk printing easy and intuitive.
On demand reporting is available in eShip and can be downloaded as csv, pdf or a Word document. These reports are designed to aid your reconciliation or to track your parcel shipping volumes.
- Efficient fulfilment of orders from your eCommerce site
- Accurate addresses on your parcels
- Easy delivery notifications to your customers
- Increased speed of processing in your warehouse
Already a user, sign into eShip
Watch how it works
What do you need to get started?
- A NZ Post, CourierPost or Pace account number - depending on the types of parcel products you are sending
- Site Code (CourierPost account only)
- Your parcel rates loaded in our systems (CourierPost account only)
- A label printer or A4/A5 printer
If you are an existing customer, your Account Manager can set these up for you.
Integrated software systems
eShip can integrate with a number of popular eCommerce, CRM and warehouse management tools
- CSV FTP
If you require an integration not on this list, please speak to your Account Manager.
Already have a username and password for NZ Post? If yes, sign into eShip
Sign up to eShip
- Want to sign up to eShip but don't have an NZ Post, CourierPost or Pace business account? Fill in the online form for our Sales team to contact you to sign up.
- No NZ Post username and password? Click here to register with NZ Post. You will then be passed on to our eShip service to sign in using the same email address and password.
- From your eShip Welcome page, set up your billing account and select your pricing tier. We will send you a welcome email with some useful reminders for your account set up.
- Complete your eShip account set up by entering your NZ Post, CourierPost and Pace account information and integration details.
- You will receive an email confirming the verification of your account information and integration details within 24 hours.
- Start shipping!