International Air Parcel
International Air Parcel is a low cost international sending option to send your parcels overseas.
International Air Parcel has a 3 - 10 working day delivery target to over 220 destinations, including PO Boxes and rural areas worldwide. Tracking scans are available at key points without additional charge.
Use the Rate Finder for more detail on the options available and the associated cost to send your parcel. If your parcel does not match the dimensions specified, another service may be more applicable.
The required postage to send International Air items at NZ Post retail outlets or via Print Postage Online tool on our website is charged by the greater of actual weight or volumetric weight, rounded up to the nearest 50g increments.
How to calculate volumetric weight:
Volumetric weight (kg) = Height (m) x Length (m) x Depth (m) x 200
A parcel with dimensions 150mm (height) x 400mm (length) x and 600mm (depth)
(0.15m x 0.4m x 0.6m) x 200 = 7.20kgs.
For a parcel with an actual weight of 4kgs and a volumetric weight of 7.20kgs, the chargeable weight is 7.20kg.
International Air Parcel service delivers to PO Boxes and rural areas for no additional cost.
Dimension and weight restrictions
|Max. length + girth||Max. length of any side||Minimum chargeable weight||Max. weight|
Sending items by International Air Parcel
To send your parcel by International Air Parcel you need to have:
- A white consignment note (CN300), available in store, with the sender, receiver and parcel content information written in English
- A copy of the commercial invoice or an Export Invoice (NCPI025) (PDF - 49KB), if your parcel is being sent as part of a commercial transaction.
- A completed Export Entry (for items valued over NZ$1,000). NZ Post can complete this on your behalf for an additional cost.
Lodge your parcel at your local NZ Post retail outlet or affix your Print Postage Online label.
Things you need to know
There are a few other things you need to know about this service:
- All parcels sent internationally require a Customs declaration.
- The information contained within the declaration may be electronically transmitted to the destination postal administration and national government agencies (such as Customs) in advance of arrival for purposes such as fiscal, risk, security and border clearance, in line with national and international legislation. Learn more about Electronic Advance Data (EAD).
- International Air Parcel service provides scans at key points without additional charges. Visibility is not guaranteed as we do not control all parts of the delivery chain. Some destinations provide better scan performance than others.
- For updates on delivery times or items we temporarily cannot accept, please visit our International delivery update page.
- Ensure your item is safe to send by checking our prohibited and restricted items information.
- Only items under NZ$2,000 in value may be sent by International Air Parcel.
- Find out if you’ll be compensated if your item goes missing or gets damaged and how much you may be entitled to, subject to your compliance with our terms and conditions. The maximum compensation value is NZ$2,000.
- Our Rate Finder provides estimates only. When using Print Postage Online, the results are only as accurate as your estimation/measurement of the size, weight and value of your mail item.
- Tracking your international parcel(s)
- What is the delivery target time for International Air?
- Sending internationally with print postage online