Loaded for Travel card
Travel and shop with confidence in 11 currencies on one prepaid Visa card.
A Loaded for Travel card is the perfect travelling partner. Load as many currencies as you need (the foreign exchange rate of the day applies). It’s your choice depending on where you’ll be travelling.
Load these currencies
You can load up to 11 currencies on to a Loaded for Travel card:
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- United States Dollar (USD)
- Great Britain Pound (GBP)
- Euro (EUR)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Thai Baht (THB)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- South African Rand (ZAR).
Benefits of a Loaded for Travel card
- you can load up to 11 different currencies
- it works just like a credit card at tens of millions of Visa outlets around the world, including selected online merchants, except you’re accessing money you’ve loaded
- you can withdraw cash at 2 million ATMs
- each currency is loaded into its own ‘wallet’ on the card, so it’s easy to see exactly how much money you have.
- keep an eye on the exchange rates and load your card when they are looking good
- load or reload your card online
- check your card balance anytime, either online, via app or over the phone.
- it's safer than carrying cash
- you have a second card if one gets lost.
What are the card fees?
Some of the fees are:
- A NZ $20 set up fee
- A 2.5% international transaction fee for unsupported currencies
- Domestic ATM cash withdrawal fee $2
- International ATM cash withdrawal fee $6
- Withdrawal at branch fee $6
- ATM balance enquiry fee $1
Ready to get one?
For full details and frequently asked questions, visit the Loaded for Travel website.
Loaded for Travel cards are promoted by New Zealand Post Limited and issued by Kiwibank Limited. Download Kiwibank Limited’s Disclosure Statement or pick up a copy from your local Kiwibank. Loaded for Travel cards are only available for purchase by persons in New Zealand and are not offered to any person outside New Zealand (and by purchasing a Loaded card you represent to us that you are in New Zealand and not in any other jurisdiction). The Kiwibank “Loaded” names, logos and related trade marks and service marks are owned by Kiwibank Limited. Terms and conditions apply to the use of your Loaded for Travel card, and are available at loadedfortravel.co.nz.