Get your passport photos taken at one of over 145 New Zealand Post retail outlets.
What our service provides
A set of up to six high resolution, full colour photographs printed on one sheet of high quality paper or emailed straight to your inbox costs $20 or both types for $25. The number of photos printed will depend on the country's photo size requirements.
Benefits of our passport photos service
Here are some great reasons to get your passport photo done at a PostShop:
- Replacement photo for free if in the unlikely event a passport photo specifically taken for New Zealand, British, Canadian or German passport applications is not accepted. See our free replacement photo offer.
- A number of other countries passport photo requirements are set up in our system including the USA, Australia and India.
- Get your photos straight away - either a physical set or an electronic copy emailed straight to your inbox.
- No need to book.
- Sort all your travel requirements at the same time.
- Get up to 6 passport photos depending on the country's requirements.
- It only costs $20 for either the printed or emailed set or $25 for both.
Please note that passport photos for infants and young children (under two years) are not currently offered.
Quality of the photos
The passport photo hardware used to take the photos in our PostShops is automated and intuitive for correct positioning. Photos cannot be taken until a number of automated criteria such as lighting, position and eyes being open meet pre-determined passport photo requirements.
As a result there’s less risk a PostShop photo will not be accepted by the relevant passport authority. New Zealand Post will provide a free replacement set of photos in the unlikely event a photo is rejected by a passport authority we’ve configured the system for. Currently we offer this for New Zealand, British, Canadian and German passports and are in discussions with the authorities for other countries.
This offer applies to:
- Printed New Zealand passport photos for New Zealand passport applications.
- Emailed New Zealand passport photos for online New Zealand adult passport renewals (single photo only).
- Printed British passport photos for British passport applications.
- Printed Canadian passport photos for Canadian passport applications.
- Printed German passport photos for German passport applications.
In the unlikely event that the photo is not accepted, we will replace it for free at any PostShop offering the passport and ID photo service provided:
- You can present your receipt (which proves the type of passport photo you had taken).
- You can show us the letter of rejection you received from the New Zealand, Canadian, German or British passport authority by either bringing it into store, or emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can show us your emailed photo set by either bringing it into store, or emailing it to email@example.com with the date the photo was taken and the name of the store.
Our free replacement photo offer does not apply if a photo has been turned down because it is older than six months or if you resize or alter the photo in anyway, or save it in a different file format to which it was supplied.
Photo requirements are not the same for each country’s passport application, so the free replacement photo does not apply if a photo is taken using one country’s requirements but is then used for another country’s application. For example, if a photo taken for a New Zealand passport is turned down for a British passport application, and vice versa.
Please note that your passport application can be rejected for reasons other than a non-compliant photo. We take no responsibility for these rejections.
Get two important identity credentials in one go!
Renewing your NZ passport online? Just click the option to get your RealMe verified identity at the same time – it’s free and lets you prove you are you online. It’s very handy to have setup! Find out more
Terms binding: Information on how to enter form part of these terms and conditions. By entering this promotion you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Promoter’s details: The promoter of this promotion is New Zealand Post Limited (we/us) of Ground Floor, 7 Waterloo Quay, Wellington 6011.
Who is eligible: To be eligible to enter this promotion, you need to have a passport photo taken in a New Zealand Post Shop / Kiwibank branch from 14 March – 17 April 2016. One entry per person. Employees and contractors of New Zealand Post and Kiwibank and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter.
How to enter: To enter to go into the draw you need to be an eligible entrant and will need to provide your contact details to the staff member in store who will then enter you into the prize draw.
Prize draw: The prize winners will be randomly drawn on 29 April 2016. Prize winners will be notified by phone or email using the details provided. We will make reasonable attempts to contact each winner, but if a winner is unable to be contacted within 7 days of the prize draw, the prize will be forfeited and we may conduct a re-draw to award the prize to another eligible entrant.
Prize: The prize consists of one of five NZ$200 Prezzy® cards.
Prize terms: Separate terms and conditions apply to use of the Prezzy® card, and are available here.
The prizes are not transferable and not able to be exchanged or redeemed for a cash equivalent. We may substitute any of the prizes for alternative items of equal or greater value.
Use of personal information: All personal information will be collected and stored by us and our related organisations in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that his or her name, personal details and image may be used by us for the purposes of publicising and marketing the promotion, without any payment or further permission.
Exclusions and liability: The Promoter is not responsible for late or misdirected entries and takes no responsibility for any entries not correctly lodged through its systems.
As far as allowed by law, New Zealand Post will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any kind arising directly or indirectly as a result of or in connection with the promotion, the prizes or these terms, and in particular, any loss, damage or injury that the winner might suffer in receiving or using any prize.
These terms will be governed by New Zealand law. Any dispute relating to the promotion, the prize or these terms will be a matter for the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.