RDP Arrears Claim
Payment of relevant daily pay
You're either on this page because you've been identified as a former New Zealand Post Group employee who is owed an arrears payment, or you are unsure if you are eligible for an arrears payment and would like to find out more. You can either find out how to make a claim, or read on to find out more about relevant daily pay arrears payments, what they are, and how you can find out whether you’re eligible.
A court ruling in late 2012 - on the interpretation of the Holidays Act 2003 - has resulted in the company recalculating payments to its current and former employees for sick leave, bereavement leave, union leave, alternative leave and public holidays taken since 1 April 2004, for employees who worked and were paid for un-rostered overtime or call back. It excludes annual leave and all other leave types. This recalculation means some former and current employees are entitled to receive an arrears payment.
Anyone who was employed by New Zealand Post Limited (or any of its subsidiary companies listed below) on or after 1 April 2004, and who received overtime or call back, may be eligible for a payment to correct some leave calculations.
The New Zealand Post Group businesses include:
- New Zealand Post Limited
- Express Couriers Limited
- Datam Limited (formerly Datamail Limited, Moore Gallagher Limited)
- Converga Group Limited (formerly Outsource Solutions Limited)
- Reach Media New Zealand Limited (formerly Letterbox Channel)
Am I eligible?
Former employees who are entitled to a payment have been contacted by a letter sent to their last known postal address from their time of employment with New Zealand Post Group. If you did not receive this letter and believe you are entitled to an arrears payment, you are welcome to submit a claim by emailing the required documentation through to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see below for the list of required information.
If you ceased employment after 1st July 2013, and are entitled to an arrears payment, there is no need for you to submit a claim. Any arrears owing have already been paid into the bank account recorded in the payroll system from the time of your employment.
Current employees have been paid all RDP arrears owing to them. Please chat with your team leader if you have any questions about your arrears payment.
How do I make a claim?
To submit a claim, you can email the required documentation to email@example.com. New Zealand Post needs the documentation to verify your identity and bank account number. Please see below for the list of required information.
If you cannot get scanned copies, you will need to post the paper copies to us along with the claim form (please send only copies, NOT original documents). Post the completed form to: RDP Project, NZ Post Payroll, Private Bag 39990, Wellington Mail Centre, Lower Hutt 5045.
When will I be paid?
Some former employees who have submitted a claim and had their identity verified have now received their arrears payment.
If you have yet to submit a claim, the quickest way to receive any arrears owing to you is to email firstname.lastname@example.org, and ensure you provide all required information and documentation. Please see below for the list of required information.
How much will I be paid?
If you are entitled to a payment and have verified your identity, we will send you a payslip after we have made the payment. Please note that our contact centre team are not able to tell you the amount you will be paid as we are unable to verify your identity over the phone.
What happens next?
Unless we need more information from you, your claim will be processed and there will be no further correspondence until the time of payment, when we will send you a payslip.
If you have submitted a claim but not yet received payment, you can email email@example.com to find out the status of your claim.
How do I claim an arrears payment?
To claim any arrears owing to you is to submit your claim via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and ensure you provide all required information and documentation. Please see below for the list of required information.
If you are unable to submit your claim via email, you can post your claim documents to us. You can post the completed form to: RDP Project, NZ Post Payroll, Private Bag 39990, Wellington Mail Centre, Lower Hutt 5045.
- Identity verification document - proof of identity document: any one of birth certificate, passport, certificate of citizenship, Immigration New Zealand visa, driver's licence, firearms licence, or HANZ 18+ card. Please note: if your identity document has text on both sides (e.g. driver licence), both sides must be scanned/copied for it to be accepted.
- Proof of address: a recent (within 3 months) utility bill, bank letter, rates bill, or letter from IRD
- Tax code and IRD number: a signed IR330, which can be downloaded from www.ird.govt.nz
- Bank account number
- If you received an RDP Arrears Claim letter from New Zealand Post, your claim reference number as stated in the top right corner of the letter
- If you are claiming in a different name to the one used when you were employed by us, proof of name change: marriage certificate, statutory declaration, or birth certificate (documentation must show both old and new name)
- If you have a special tax code, special tax certificate issued by the IRD