New Zealand Post Lead App terms and conditions – CourierPost couriers, Rural Post contractors and postie’ delivery contractors
The purpose of the Lead App is to encourage all New Zealand Post and Courier Post contractors to win new customers and to provide a reward for those who generate leads that are successfully converted to new courier business for CourierPost or PACE.
These terms apply to the use of the Lead App available to New Zealand Post and Courier Post contractors.
All leads must be submitted through the Lead App. Leads not submitted through the app are not eligible.
If a lead submitted through the Lead App is successfully converted into a new courier customer (that is, the lead opens an account and starts sending parcels with CourierPost or PACE), the contractor who submitted the lead will receive as commission once the new customer has reached a threshold spend of $1,200 (excl GST) with any of New Zealand Post, CourierPost or PACE, as follows:
- 5% of the new customer’s courier charges paid to CourierPost and PACE (excluding GST and VFR) for the one year period from the date the customer starts sending with CourierPost or PACE, and
- 1% of the customer’s courier charges paid to CourierPost and PACE (excluding GST and VFR) in subsequent years.
A 5% promotional rate is being applied for a temporary period and NZ Post reserves the right to withdraw the promotion at any time.
Commission will be paid quarterly in arrears.
The commission is only payable in respect of leads who do not currently have a New Zealand Post, CourierPost or PACE account, or who have a New Zealand Post, CourierPost or PACE account but who have had no CourierPost or PACE trading activity for 12 months or more.
For commission to be payable in respect of a lead New Zealand Post must be satisfied that the contractor has made sufficient effort to generate the lead.
As a minimum the contractor must have:
- had personal contact with the lead with the aim of warming them up to the possibility of using CourierPost or PACE services
- provided information about CourierPost or PACE and its services
- obtained contact information (names and phone numbers) for the Sales team to use to contact the lead
- ensure the lead knows they will receive, and are happy to take, a phone call from a Sales team member.
Commission is not payable if the lead is already being explored by a member of the Sales team.
If a lead is submitted by more than one contractor or other New Zealand Post or CourierPost employee or franchisee, commission will be payable to the person who first submitted the lead through the Lead App.
If there is a dispute:
- about whether the contractor has made sufficient effort to generate the lead,
- about whether a lead was already being explored by a member of the Sales team,
- because more than one person submitted the lead
the dispute will be referred to the Regional Sales Manager for the area in which the lead is based. The Regional Sales Manager will, acting reasonably and if necessary after consulting with the affected contractor(s), decide whether the commission is payable, and if so to which person.
Commission will be payable in respect of a lead for the duration of the contractor’s contractual relationship with New Zealand Post or CourierPost. If a contractor’s contract with New Zealand Post or CourierPost expires, and the contractor continues to provide services to New Zealand Post or CourierPost under a new contract, any commission payments under the expired contract will continue under the contract.
If New Zealand Post or CourierPost determine (at their sole discretion) that a contractor:
- and any other employee, contractor, agent or other representative of New Zealand Post or CourierPost have colluded or otherwise worked together; or
- has acted fraudulently or in bad faith, to procure commission that would not otherwise be payable having regard to the purpose of the scheme, New Zealand Post or CourierPost may terminate some or all of the commission payments payable to the relevant contractor under these terms.
New Zealand Post reserves the right to change these terms, or withdraw this scheme, at any time.
Please note these terms and conditions were updated on 17 August 2017