Terms and conditions
We, New Zealand Post Limited
- recognise the person(s) signing the Rural Delivery Service Agreement as the contracting party (“Rural Delivery Customer”), authorised to sign on behalf of all other persons named in the Agreement.
- agree mail will not be given to any other person without written consent from the Rural Delivery Customer.
- will observe relevant provisions contained in the Postal Services Act 1998, Public Contract for Delivery of Postal Articles, and Postal User’s Guide in providing service. These are available for viewing at NZ Post Stores.
- will determine delivery frequency and routes for Rural Delivery Service at our discretion, taking factors such as local delivery arrangements, household and/or business density, road conditions, Owner Driver safety and ease of access into consideration.
- reserve the right to relocate, withdraw, change delivery frequency, delivery time or method of delivery on one month’s written notice to the Rural Delivery Customer.
- reserve the right to refuse delivery on private roads or where access is obstructed by a gate(s).
- reserve the right to withdraw Rural Delivery Service immediately if it is found to be used for illegal purposes.
- may refuse delivery of an article where there is a dispute between parties over entitlement, until entitlement has been determined. If there is no agreement or a default in agreement, NZ Post Limited will treat the article as undelivered.
- may publish the name and postal address details of all people receiving mail at the Rural Delivery Customer’s address except where non-listing has been indicated in writing (see “Protecting your privacy” section overleaf). All care will be taken in compiling details but neither the publisher nor New Zealand Post Limited will accept responsibility for any errors or omissions or the results of such. All information will be held by New Zealand Post Limited or by an approved agent of New Zealand Post Limited and may be made available to businesses or organisations for the purpose specified overleaf. Under the Privacy Act 2020, individuals have the right to request access to, and correction of, their personal information held by New Zealand Post Limited. You can review, see or correct your personal information held by New Zealand Post Limited at any time. Phone 0800 804 307 or write to: Addressing Services Manager, NZ Post, PO Box 23, Wellington.
- will provide a pickup service to Rural Delivery Customers, providing articles of mail with the correct postage affixed are placed in the Rural Delivery Customer’s mail box with the flag raised to signal collection.
- reserve the right to alter, change or amend the Rural Delivery Service Terms and Conditions on one month’s written notice.
You, the Rural Delivery Customer
- confirm that each of the individuals named overleaf has authorised the disclosure to, and use by, New Zealand Post Limited of their personal information for the purposes set out above.
- will, to help achieve accurate delivery, advise your correct postal address to all parties likely to correspond with you. Your postal address should include your name, initials, street/road number and name (where available), your Rural Delivery number and location from which the Rural Delivery Service operates. Mail addressed to other parties not listed on the Rural Delivery Service Agreement should be addressed care of the Rural Delivery Customer’s name.
- shall return any mail not intended for you or other persons listed on the Rural Delivery Service Agreement to New Zealand Post Limited promptly.
- will observe relevant provisions contained in the Postal Services Act 1998, Public Contract for Delivery of Postal Articles, and Postal User’s Guide. These are available for viewing at NZ Post stores.
- agree that it is your responsibility to erect and maintain in good condition, at your cost, a rural mail box that meets New Zealand Post Limited specifications.* - agree that your name, initials and/or the street/road number of your property must be clearly printed on your rural mail box.
- agree that you will erect your rural mail box at a site agreed with your local Rural Delivery Owner Driver. The mail box shall be located to allow easy, all-weather access for delivery and shall comply with traffic regulations, local bylaws and the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992.
- agree to notify New Zealand Post Limited if you no longer require the Rural Delivery Service to be provided, indicating where you would like your mail delivered in the future.
- Enquiries may be directed to your local NZ Post store.
* You may purchase or build your own rural mail box provided that it meets New Zealand Post Limited specifications. Purpose-built rural mail boxes can be purchased from selected hardware and retail outlets nationwide. For more information please contact our Customer Care Centre.