Sustainability is a big deal at New Zealand Post. As an organisation that’s been around for 175 years, it’s in our DNA.
To us, sustainability means being accountable for our impact as a business locally, and globally. It’s knowing our choices and actions matter today and in the future – and doing something about it. Check out our commitment to sustainability.
Innovating for the future
We’re committed to doing what’s right but we know we can do better. That’s why we’re always looking for new, smart ways of doing things that are not only good for business, but also make sense.
Here are some of the reasons why sustainability is at the heart of our business:
- It’s important to our customers. We need to be responsive and responsible to reduce our collective impact.
- It drives us to look for new, smart ways of doing things. We’re making it easy for customers to recycle our packaging, using electric vehicles to power deliveries and upcycling our corporate uniforms.
- It’s important to our people. We want to be a workplace that people want to be part of.
- It saves us money. We’re reducing fuel bills and electricity costs.
- We want the communities where we live and work to thrive and grow.
- We need to – and want to – do our bit to achieve national and global goals on climate change.
Where we’re focusing our energy
We’re aiming to be a leading sustainable New Zealand business by focusing on areas where we can make a difference.
Here are just some of the things we’re up to:
We have rolled out a fleet for fully electric specialist delivery vehicles – The Paxster.
We’re backing our clever friends at the Ākina Foundation to help grow the next generation of social enterprise in New Zealand.
Sewing new life into old uniforms is at the heart of an innovative collaboration with the crews at Booker Spalding, EarthLink Apparel and Massey University's Space Between.
We work hard to minimise the impact of our packaging products on the planet and to make it easy for our customers to do their bit.
It’s vital our partners share our commitment to sustainability. We work together from end to end to reduce our environmental and social impacts.
We’re proud to support the communities where we live and work through a range of community initiatives and partnerships.
We share our work, goals and results and we seek independent verification that what we’re doing is making a difference.
In 2017 we were proud to receive the Supreme Award at the NZI Sustainable Business Network Awards for the Greatest Contribution to a Sustainable New Zealand.
Read more about certification, memberships and awards.