Domestic mail service announcements
Port Hills Fire Christchurch - 22 February
Service Update – 9 am
All mail services are getting back to normal now that the cordons have been lifted. If customers who live in the affected streets have any questions about their mail they can contact the Beckenham Delivery Branch (03 332 1062).
Service Update – 1 pm, 21/2
Some of our NZ Post services continue to be affected, as follows:
We are unable to deliver to the following street numbers on Worsleys Road (odd numbers from 313 upwards and even numbers from 102 upwards), Aglaia Place, Tisbury Lane and Hoon Hay Valley Road. Customer’s mail for these addresses is being held at the Beckenham delivery branch until delivery can be made.
- Customers at these addresses can visit the Beckenham delivery branch to collect their mail on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays. We will schedule delivery again for Thursday 23/2 (delivery days are Tues/ Thurs / Sat). If they are unable to visit, customers can also ring the branch so that we can discuss options for delivery / collection.
- Beckenham delivery branch is open Monday to Friday 7 am – 1 pm and Saturday 7 – 11 am. The address is 148 Colombo Street (behind Basic Bikes) and the phone number is 03 332 1062.
The November 14 earthquake has affected some New Zealand Post and CourierPost services.
NZ Post services will no longer be offered from the Marion Square Box Lobby site.
- We will be relocating Marion Square PO Boxes to another site and are currently looking at the most convenient options.
- Box holders can continue to collect their mail from the Wellington Box Lobby at New Zealand Post House from 7.30am until 5pm Monday to Friday.
South Island transport routes
Transport trucks moving mail and parcels through the upper South Island are using the SH1 diversion through Lewis Pass.
- As a temporary measure while the SH1 diversion is in place, we ask Marlborough customers to post their mail and parcels earlier in the day so that items reach Christchurch in time for processing that night. Items should be posted by 3.30pm in Blenheim and by 3pm in surrounding towns including Picton, Renwick and Seddon.
- Inter-Island mail and parcels are being moved between the North and South Islands with trucks taking the alternative route through Lewis Pass. Standard Post, ParcelPost and Economy Courier items being sent from the North Island to the West Coast and areas south of Christchurch may take an extra day to be delivered while the SH1 diversion is in place.
CourierPost network updates
Samsung Galaxy Note7 Phones prohibited on all domestic services
Please note that Samsung Galaxy Note7 phones are not permitted to be sent by any domestic mail service.
New Zealand Post had temporary arrangements in place until 25 November to collect the phones from local retailers. We are no longer accepting phones for collection. Customers who still have Note7 phones will need to contact Samsung directly for advice on returns.
This relates to all Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices, including newly manufactured ones from the factory and old Samsung Note7 devices recalled from customers and retailers and distributors.