Changes to our rates and services from 1 July 2020
We’re proud to be New Zealand’s largest delivery partner and we’re committed to providing you with a sustainable, market-leading service now and for the future.
We know how important it is to move with the changing needs of the market, to support you with what you need, when you need it. We’re making significant investments into our people, technology, products and services many of which will directly benefit how we enable your business and streamline the way we work together.
Whilst we focus on keeping costs to a minimum and are always looking for innovative ways to provide our service more efficiently, we also have a responsibility to deliver a sustainable mail service for New Zealand and do need to review prices annually. We did not make this decision lightly, given the COVID-19 pandemic and the unprecedented challenges that our business and many others throughout New Zealand are facing.
Any price or specification changes to other New Zealand Post services will be communicated separately. For more information or guidance on these upcoming changes, please don’t hesitate to contact your Business Manager or complete our online enquiry form.
See our questions and answers for more information.
Quick links to key information on this page:
We are increasing the price of Standard Mail letter products; new prices will apply from 1 July 2020.
- Standard Post
- Priority Business Mail
- Postage Included Envelopes
- Business Mail Centre Services
Please refer to the Standard rate card (PDF 48KB) for pricing.
The use of the BoxLink service has reduced greatly over the last few years, making it difficult to retain as a financially viable product. Therefore, we’ve reluctantly decided to end our BoxLink services from 1 July 2020 onwards. If you still have any pre-purchased BoxLink envelopes and postage after 1 July 2020, you can continue to use these as Standard Post. Our Standard Post service will deliver your mail across town and between major towns and cities in the usual efficient timeframes.
The table below show how BoxLink pricing compares to current Standard Post pricing.
The cost to rent a PO Box will increase by $10 (incl. GST) from 1 July 2020
We offer the following types of mail sorting:
- A 5 day sort means your mail is sorted and delivered to your PO Box each week day.
- A 6 day sort includes Saturdays (excluding public holidays).
Both the 5 and 6 day sort are location dependent.
The following changes to our Bulk Mail products will take effect on 1 July 2020:
- New pricing will be introduced on all Bulk Mail products:
- Lodgement volume tiers will no longer apply to PrintPost;
- The PrintPost Weekly lodgement option is being withdrawn due to significant reductions in usage in recent years, making it difficult to support financially and operationally;
- A Lodgement Data File (LDF) will be required to accompany all physical Bulk Mail lodgements via Lodgement Manager. This will now include Adcard and PrintPost;
- Statement of Accuracy tiers will be replaced with Address Accuracy Percentage (AAP) pricing from 1 February 2021;
- Zonal Pricing (see below for additional information about this) will be introduced for Adcard;
- A new price will be introduced to all Bulk Mail rate cards labelled “IPC” (invalid postcode). Mail items with missing or invalid post codes will be charged this price.
- Zone D items will be charged at prices applicable to the SOA/AAP level rather than a flat rate across all SOA/AAP tiers.
Information on changes to Bulk Mail products will be available in the Postal User Guide from 1 July 2020.
In the interim, please refer to the Bulk Mail product specifications below for more information.