Digital Postage Meters
More cost-effective and more efficient than stocking prepaid products, a digital postage meter lets you weigh, frank, seal and brand your business mail.
We’ve contracted with Pitney Bowes to produce, install and maintain digital postage meters (DPM) which you can use to weigh mail and apply the correct postage.
The only mail items you can’t process with a DPM are tracked items.
Use of a DPM allows you to receive discounts on postage for your domestic parcels and all non-tracked international mail items. DPMs automatically update price changes so your mail will always carry the correct postage. They also have a four digit PIN to prevent pilfering of postage included envelopes, prepaid tickets and stamps.
The cost of a DPM varies depending on which model you choose and which package applies. There are two DPM packages:
Package 1 - Free* DPM
Use of a DPM for four years or more, free of lease charges*, if:
- your spend** with New Zealand Post is more than $100 (incl. GST) each month, and
- you sign up as a New Zealand Post account customer for a term of four years or more.
* You will still need to pay for ink and software for the DPM, labels and any artwork or other incidentals.
** Spend is calculated on the types of mail items you can process through a DPM – domestic and international letters and non-tracked parcels, of less than 1.5kg weight and 70mm thickness.
Package 2 - Own DPM Payments
You pay for your own purchase or lease of a DPM and receive a 10% discount on domestic letters processed through your DPM.
Both DPM packages are subject to the following:
- Discounts on postage charged for your domestic parcels and all non-tracked international mail items, when selected from the DPM menu, are:
|Domestic Letters||Domestic Parcels||International Letters||International Parcels|
|Package 1 - Free* DPM||0%||13%||5%||10%|
Package 2 - Own
- The use of your DPM (whether leased or purchased) will be subject to the DPM supplier’s terms and conditions.
- You must be a New Zealand Post corporate customer with a New Zealand Post Account.
- Any product discounts you have under a customer contract with New Zealand Post will not apply for mail processed through the DPM.
- You cannot use the DPM for tracked products such as ParcelPost Tracked, which must be sent using prepaid tickets, prepaid packaging or RedClick.
- Our DPM terms and conditions apply.
Once an order is confirmed, your DPM supplier aims to deliver and install your DPM within three to five working days. If you don’t have a current New Zealand Post Account, this may take slightly longer.