Follow our Bulk Mail lodgement requirements to help your business qualify for the best pricing options.
If Bulk Mail isn’t submitted correctly is can result in reclassification to an applicable Letter Domestic Product (LDP) mail rate across the total lodgement.
Lodgement of Bulk Mail requirements:
- Minimum volume thresholds must be met depending on the New Zealand Post Bulk Mail service used - see our Bulk Mail services
- VolumePost must be trayed
- GoFlexible, and PrintPost lodgements must be either trayed or presented as 'bundles'
- Mail must be faced with the delivery address facing forwards, except for the last item which needs to be 'back-faced' so that the delivery address is still visible
- Mail must be labelled correctly
- The Statement of Accuracy identification number and percentage rating must be declared on the Statement of Posting for the declaration to be valid
- Ensure your Customer Agreement Code is populated on your Statement of Posting and/or Lodgement Manager. If a Code is not available, leave this field blank
- Mail must be lodged in ascending postcode order (applies to VolumePost, GoFlexible and PrintPost only)
- Mail must adhere to the thickness requirements depending on the New Zealand Post Bulk Mail service used - see our Bulk Mail services
- PermitPost indicia must be present and correctly positioned on the envelope
- Address and envelope layout standards are met
- The recorded lodgement time matches the Product Code used
- VolumePost must be flexible enough to go through the sorting machines. Please ensure each mail item and its contents can be bent around a 280mm diameter circular service (i.e. approximately 180 degrees)
- GoFlexible and PrintPost have different rigidity requirements, please refer to the Envelope Layout Standards for more information.
Each New Zealand Post Bulk Mail service has different rates depending on the service you require. Please be aware product codes and mail rates may change if our Bulk Mail standards are not met.