Postcode Network File
Integrate postcodes within your Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications and data to sharpen your business planning and decision-making.
The Postcode Network File is the authoritative definition of the New Zealand Post Postcode Network. It is updated every six months, and includes approximately 1800 postcodes incorporating:
- Urban delivery postcodes
- PO Box and Private Bag postcodes
- Rural Delivery (RD) postcodes, single-part or multi-part geographic area with postcodes
The Postcode Network File data can be represented in two dimensions (mapped) or modelled against other data such as physical addresses, city or town boundaries, census meshblocks and land valuation areas. This will assist with:
- Planning and Modelling: through better insight into geographical trends in various data.
- Personalising information services: with location based technology
- Asset Management: PNF can help in the administration of man-made structures, and terrain through the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
For full address matching and database cleansing, we recommend the Postal Address File (PAF) - New Zealand’s most complete and up-to-date file of postal addresses.
How to access the Postcode Network File (PNF)
If you pay the annual licence fee you can access the PNF as often as you like, with six-monthly updates. There are two types of licences:
Base licence: for use within an organisation: $400
Commercial licence: for incorporation into commercial products and services: $2100
All prices are in New Zealand dollars and exclude GST.
- View the PNF technical guide (PDF - 123KB) and licence agreement (PDF - 100KB).
Please note that no amendments proposed by you apply, unless different terms are specifically agreed with you by one of our General Managers.
- Apply for a business account.
- Email [email protected], call Jo Davidson 027 241 3814 for more information, or
- Talk to your New Zealand Post Account Manager about your marketing objectives.