A prestige courier service to over 220 destinations worldwide for urgent and confirmed delivery to the door.
International Express Courier Parcels
The required postage to send by International Express Courier depends on the destination, weight and size of your parcel.
International Express Courier Documents
Documents under 1kg* are charged at fixed weight breaks. Please refer to the table below for a guide to sending documents under 1kg via International Express Courier service#.
|Item Weight||500 grams||1.0 kilograms|
|Australia (Zone A)||$48.18||$59.78|
|South Pacific (Zone B)||$78.07||$91.37|
|Asia (Zone C)||$78.07||$91.37|
|Canada, UK & Europe (Zone D)||$91.37||$114.65|
|United States of America (Zone US)||$91.37||$114.65|
|Rest of the world (Zone E)||$91.37||$114.65|
* The required postage for documents over 1kg is the same as for parcels and to send by International Express Courier is based on the greater of actual weight or volumetric weight of the item.
#Prices charged in-store may vary.
International Express Courier Parcels
The required postage to send an International Express Courier item for customers with an NZ Post business account is charged by the greater of actual weight or volumetric weight*, rounded up to the nearest 10g.
Calculating volumetric weight:
Volumetric weight (kg) = (height (m) x length (m) x depth (m) x 200
A parcel with dimensions 150mm (height) x 400mm (length) x and 600mm (depth)
(0.15m x 0.4m x 0.6m) x 200 = 7.20kg.
If the actual weight on the scales for this parcel is 4kg, then you would be charged at 7.20kg as the volumetric weight is greater than the actual weight of the parcel.
The required postage to send an International Express Courier item at NZ Post retail outlets or via our Print Postage Online tool is calculated by the greater of actual weight or volumetric weight, rounded up to the nearest 50g. Prices may vary in-store.
Use International Express Courier if your parcel is up to 30kg. If it’s over 30kg it is oversized and should be sent via should be sent via Freight.
Dimension and weight restrictions
|Maximum size (length + girth)||Maximum length of any side||Minimum chargeable weight||Maximum weight*|
Dimension and weight restrictions include any packaging.
* Maximum weights are lower for some countries.
You’ll need the following to send with International Express Courier:
- A completed black consignment note (CN001) or an electronic shipping label generated via a NZ Post electronic lodgement tool (such as eShip or API’s) with the sender, receiver and the parcel content information written in English (for the electronic shipping labels only the country associated with the receiver’s details needs to be provided in English)
- A copy of the commercial invoice or an Export Invoice (NCPI025)(PDF - 49KB) must be provided
- A completed Export Entry (for items valued over NZ$1,000). NZ Post can complete this on your behalf for an additional cost.
You can use your own packaging or choose from one of our products below:
- International Express Courier Bags
- Our range of packaging only products.
Lodge your parcel at your local NZ Post retail outlet and pay the required postage. Free pick up from commercial premises may be available for NZ Post business account customers. Contact your Business Manager to enquire.
There are a few other things you need to know about this service:
- All parcels sent internationally require a Customs declaration.
- The information contained within the declaration may be electronically transmitted to the destination postal administration and national government agencies (such as Customs) in advance of arrival for fiscal, risk, security and border clearance purposes, in line with national and international legislation. Learn more about Electronic Advance Data (EAD).
- A service fee $5 (GST zero-rated) will be applied and invoiced if a manual Consignment note is used, to cover the electronic data capture cost, processing and administration fee.
- For items being sent to the USA, Canada, Central or South America, the sender's address cannot be a PO Box address.
- Items can only be sent to a PO Box address if sent to Bahamas, Kuwait, Solomon Islands or Vanuatu. A daytime contact phone number and full name for the receiver of the item must be written on the consignment note.
- For the latest updates on affected delivery times or items we temporarily cannot accept, please visit our international delivery updates page.
- Ensure your item is safe to send by checking our prohibited and restricted items information.
- Customers with a NZ Post business account may send items (and may be entitled to a compensation limit of) up to NZ$50,000 in value if they purchase additional compensation cover for amounts over NZ$2,000. Business without a NZ Post account (or with one but not using a business consignment note) may send items (and may be entitled to a compensation limit of) up to NZ$2,000 in value.
- Find out if you’ll be compensated if your item goes missing or gets damaged and how much you may be entitled to subject to our compliance with our terms and conditions. For customers with a NZ Post business account, a compensation limit for loss or damage of up to NZ$2,000 is available for International Courier and cover limit available up to NZ$5,0000 with additional compensation cover purchased.
- Our Rate Finder provides estimates applicable when sending via NZ Post retail outlets or via Print Postage Online only. When using Print Postage Online, the results are only as accurate as your estimation/measurement of the size, weight and value of your mail item. Customers with a NZ Post business account should refer to their pricing guide for postage.