Organise travel insurance for you and your family on the spot at your local PostShop.
Travel’s an adventure and it pays to be prepared.
What you are insured for
Instant Insurance for Travel has great cover for:
- Personal baggage
- Money and travel documents
- Emergency purchases
- Loss of deposits
- Cancellation and curtailment
- Accidental death and permanent disablement
- Medical and other expenses (with 24 hr emergency assistance)
- Liability protection
- Travel delay or missed connection
- Public transport services strikes and hijacks
- Rental vehicle insurance excess.
Your travel destination
The cost of your travel insurance depends on your destination (Plan A, B, or C), how long you’re away and whether you want cover as an individual or as a family.
- Plan A – Australia, Bali, Norfolk Island, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Nauru, Kiribati, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Fiji, Tonga, the Samoa’s, Cook Islands, Niue and Tahiti.
- Plan B – Worldwide except USA, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Greece and Portugal.
- Plan C – Worldwide.
Any country classed as “Extreme Risk” by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade (MFAT) is not covered with this travel policy – to find out more, visit safetravel.govt.nz.
Insurance plan premiums
|Plan A||Plan B||Plan C|
|Up to 5 days||$38||$73||$73||$140||$104||$200|
|For 8 days||$45||$86||$86||$165||$123||$236|
|For 14 days||$60||$115||$115||$221||$164||$315|
|For 21 days||$78||$150||$149||$286||$213||$409|
|For 28 days||$96||$184||$184||$353||$263||$505|
|For 60 days||$134||$257||$256||$492||$366||$703|
|For 90 days||$164||$315||$313||$601||$448||$860|
|For 120 days||$193||$371||$371||$712||$529||$1016|
If you are travelling for a duration not shown in the table above (eg. 35 days) visit your local PostShop to find out how much your travel insurance will cost.
We offer a seven day money back guarantee. If for any reason, you decide to cancel Instant Insurance for Travel we will give you a full refund – providing it is within seven days of purchase date and you have not started your travel or made a claim.
Instant Insurance for Travel Policy
Eligibility conditions apply and important terms, conditions and exclusions are set out in the policy wording. You can check these out at your local Post Shop or read the Instant Insurance for Travel Policy (PDF 215KB).
Instant Insurance for Travel is issued by TOWER Insurance Limited and arranged by New Zealand Post.