Build a sustainable network
Our plan is to build a sustainable physical network that is New Zealand’s provider of choice.
A structural decline in postal volumes through substitution of digital media.
Build a sustainable physical network that is New Zealand’s provider of choice.
We recognise that there is an ongoing decline in the volume of letters being posted through our network. However, we know that our physical network has a place within New Zealand for many decades to come. We therefore need to reconfigure our current network to be sustainable both now and in the future so that NZ Post can continue to be New Zealand’s trusted delivery partner.
We have a variety of initiatives in place which focus on:
- Altering the ratio of fixed to variable costs
- Increasing the efficiency of the current network
- Carrying more parcels
- Providing customer focused solutions
- Delivering different things in different ways
- Helping our customers find their customers.