Our commitment to sustainability
To New Zealand Post Group, behaving responsibly and ethically is fundamental to our growth - and it makes good business sense. We have been a trusted part of our nation for over 170 years and are passionate about contributing to a prosperous future – helping both our customers and New Zealand succeed.
We believe sustainability is everyone’s responsibility – the economic, environmental and social choices we make affect us now and in the future. Over the past six years we have made sustainability a key part of how we do business in the many sectors in which we operate. We’re proud of our achievements but we need to keep innovating and changing to overcome our challenges and develop new opportunities for our businesses.
Together we can deliver on our vision to be a competitive, commercial and sustainable business through:
- Being a good employer, treating our people fairly and with respect and valuing their diversity. We will be a workplace that people want to be part of and where their safety and wellbeing is a priority.
- Listening to our customers’ needs and expectations to deliver sustainable, innovative solutions that meet their needs.
- Work in partnership with suppliers to reduce our collective impact.
- Respecting our trusted relationship by engaging with communities and supporting shared growth and prosperity.
- Working to protect the environment by better understanding, managing, measuring and minimising our resource use and carbon footprint.
Our ambition is to be a leading sustainable New Zealand business. This means sustainability will continue to be part of what we do every day, now and in the future. We're committed to doing what's right by delivering a sustainable future for our business and shareholders, our people, customers and communities.