With our hold service, everything sent to your business postal address is kept safe and secure while you are away. We simply hold all the addressed mail delivered to your address for up to 12 weeks including extensions.
To set up a hold, you'll need to complete an application at an NZ Post store at least three working days before you want the redirect to start.
You'll need to:
- take some identification with you - a Passport, New Zealand Drivers Licence, Kiwi Access card, SuperGold Card or Community Services Card.
- take a letter on the business' letterhead that states you are authorised to hold mail on the business' behalf.
The fees depend on how long you want us to hold your mail.
|Duration||Business||Not for profit/school/
|From 1 day up to 1 week||$11||$5.50|
|Up to 2 weeks||$22||$11|
|Up to 3 weeks||$33||$16.50|
|Up to 4 weeks||$44||$22|
|Up to 5 weeks||$55||$27.50|
|Up to 6 weeks||$66||$33|
|Up to 7 weeks||$77||$38.50|
|Up to 8 weeks||$88||$44|
|Up to 9 weeks||$99||$49.50|
|Up to 10 weeks||$110||$55|
|Up to 11 weeks||$121||$60.50|
|Up to 12 weeks||$132||$66|
If you have put mail on hold at your local NZ Post store and you wish to amend your Hold service, you'll need to go back to your local NZ Post retail outlet to action your request.
You will be required to provide proof of identification where amendments are made at an NZ Post store as amendments can only be made by an occupant of the address or an authorised agent of the person who made the original request. Fees will apply to all Hold service extensions.
- NZ Post is unable to hold Tracked and Courier items over 3kg , mail delivered by other postal operators and newspapers and circulars can’t be held.
- Held mail cannot be accessed for the duration of the Hold Service term.
- NZ Post reserves the right to accept, reject or cancel your Hold Service at any time. If you have put your mail on hold at your local NZ Post retail outlet and we have rejected or cancelled your Hold request, we will notify you by phone.
- If you have paid for a Hold Service request and cancelled it before it starts, you are eligible for a refund. Please contact our National Contact Centre for further details.
- We will use reasonable care and skill in providing the Hold service, but to the maximum extent permitted by law, NZ Post's liability for any loss or damage however caused in providing this service is limited to refunding the fee (if any) you have paid us for the service.