You can redirect your business mail to an address in New Zealand or overseas, permanently or temporarily.
To set up a redirect, you'll need to complete an application at an NZ Post store at least five working days before you want the redirect to start.
You'll need to:
- take some identification with you - a Passport, New Zealand Drivers Licence, Kiwi Access card, SuperGold Card or Community Services Card,
- take a letter on the business' letterhead that states you are authorised to redirect mail on the business' behalf.
- Once we've processed your application, we'll write to you to confirm we can redirect your mail. If we have any problems processing your application, we'll contact you by phone.
- Redirections set up at your local NZ Post store can also be amended online.
- Each redirection service must be from one old address to one new address.
- The minimum two month fee applies to temporary redirections, which are charged the same as permanent.
- Not-for-profit organisations, charitable trusts, personal and family trusts, societies and schools are entitled to the redirection service at the household/individual price, where this can be verified.