Our Parcel Collect service
If you miss parcel deliveries because you can’t always be at home, Parcel Collect could be the ideal solution for you. It means you can have your parcels delivered to over 180 handy locations nationwide, including participating Countdown stores, Wellington Z service stations, NZ Post retailers and CourierPost depots.
Simply use your Parcel Collect address as your delivery address when shopping online and we’ll let you know via email when your parcel arrives at your chosen Parcel Collect location. You’ll have 10 days to pick it up, so you can choose to pop by whenever it suits you.
Parcel Collect locations
Wondering if there's one near home or work? You can search now and sign up to Parcel Collect later.
How Parcel Collect works
The first thing you need to do is sign into an NZ Post account, if you don't have an account yet you can register here. To create a Parcel Collect address:
- Sign into your NZ Post account
- Click ‘create an address’
- Type in your address or city to find your nearest Parcel Collect location
- Select the Parcel Collect address that you want to start sending parcels to
- Click ‘create a Parcel Collect address at this location’ to save this delivery address.
You can have more than one address
You can have more than one Parcel Collect address. All you need to do is sign into your NZ Post account and click ‘create another Parcel Collect address’.
Using your Parcel Collect address
When shopping online, enter your Parcel Collect address as your delivery address. Your Parcel Collect address can be entered in the online shopping cart as follows.
John Smith NZ1234567
Collection: ABC Books
885 Smith Street
Collection: ABC Books NZ1234567
885 Smith Street
Don't forget to put your Parcel Collect number in your delivery address, in the first or second line. This number is required so that we can send you an email notifying you when your parcel is ready to be collected. Standard shipping costs apply.
Collecting your parcel
You will be notified by email when your parcel is ready to be picked up from your selected Parcel Collect location and you’ll have 10 days to pick it up. This email will confirm the address and the opening hours of the Parcel Collect location. If you, or someone else, is picking up the parcel please bring a copy of the notification email (on phone or printed) and photo ID (such as a driver licence or passport).
Before you use Parcel Collect
Delivery to a Parcel Collect location is only available for tracked NZ Post and CourierPost parcels. So, when you’re shopping online, please make sure you check who the retailer ships with first. Please also check out our list of exclusions below.
The Parcel Collect service can’t be used for:
- Letters (FastPost or Standard)
- Parcels that are heavier than 15kg
- Parcels that are greater than 50cm x 40cm x 30cm cm in dimension
- Parcels that are damaged or not packaged correctly
- Dangerous goods or prohibited items or age restricted items (e.g. Alcohol or Tobacco)
- Parcels not delivered by NZ Post or CourierPost
- Untracked items