Inflight redirection terms
New Zealand Post Limited and Express Couriers Limited (CourierPost) representatives and delivery agents (“we”, “our” or “us”) offer the Inflight Redirection service so parcels addressed to your current address can be redirected (“Inflight Redirection service”).
By using the Inflight Redirection service you agree to these terms and conditions.
Our liability to you
Subject to the conditions set out in our Postal Users’ Guide and the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, we limit our liability to you for loss of, or damage to, any item up to a maximum (including GST) of $2,000 for any courier item; plus reimbursement of postage if the item has been lost, and we have no liability to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or cost, however it arises.
- You acknowledge that all claims for compensation must comply with the terms of the Postal Users’ Guide and that our delivery times are targets only.
Use of the service
You agree not to use the Inflight Redirection service:
- To redirect items intended for any person or business that has not given you authority to do so; or
- For any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- The Service is for tracked and courier items only.
- You agree not to use the Inflight Redirection service for any Prohibited Item.
The Service does NOT cover:
- Letters, mail or untracked parcel items;
- Mail addressed to a PO Box or Private Bag;
- Mail delivered by local postal operators that are not New Zealand Post;
- Mail delivered by international operators that are not New Zealand Post;
- Mail from your overseas address to a New Zealand address. If you have moved to New Zealand from an overseas address, the redirection must be put in place with the postal operator in your country of origin;
- Mail being redirected to an address outside the New Zealand Post network (eg, a Box operated by another New Zealand postal operator)
- Newspapers and circulars.
- Items redirected to a Parcel Collect location will be held for up to 10 days. If they are not collected at the end of 10 days the item will be returned to sender. See our information on Parcel Collect locations.
- You acknowledge that we may at our sole discretion refuse to redirect the item to the specified location for any reason at any time (including, for example, if your item does not comply with the requirements set out in the PUG; or if the specified location is not a valid New Zealand delivery address within the New Zealand Post network), and that we will not responsible or liable to you in any way (except as required by law) for refusing to redirect the item. Items not redirected may, at our absolute discretion, be sent to the original address specified on the item, or be dealt with in accordance with the sender’s instructions on the item for return or destruction.
- Please note that if you redirect your parcel to an address in a different city, this may affect the estimated delivery date provided in our original email delivery notification.
- Delivery of your item is considered complete when the item is delivered to the redirection address you have given us or delivered to the original address specified on the parcel.
- For non signature items, if there is no one at the address when we deliver the item it may be left in a place that is weatherproof and out of public view.
- For signature required items, delivery of the item is considered complete when we collect your signature, or the signature of your authorised agent, at the delivery address. If no one is at the address when we try to deliver the item, or we cannot get access to the delivery address, we will leave a ‘Card to Collect’ or ‘Card to Call’ at the delivery address (or a place we think is appropriate if we cannot get access to the delivery address). The card will explain where the parcel can be collected from.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to honour your redirection request, however we cannot guarantee that your parcel will be intercepted in time to be redirected (ie. before it leaves our depot for delivery).
- New Zealand Post reserves the right to cancel the Inflight Redirection service at any time.