Delivery of postal and courier items.
We, New Zealand Post Limited, will use reasonable care and skill to provide our services to you. You agree to pay us the full price for all of our services. We will deliver postal and courier items correctly addressed to addresses within our delivery network, which comply with the requirements set out in our Postal Users' Guide.
You agree not to give us for delivery any item which:
- is illegal, explosive, dangerous or destructive to send.
- is inadequately packaged, or contains anything that is capable, as packed, of causing injury, or damage to property.
- contains cash, currency, bullion, traveller’s cheques, deeds, negotiable instruments (including any bearer security, bill of exchange or uncrossed cheque), bonds or shares, credit or bank cards, vouchers, gift cards or tickets for games of chance.
- is any other type of prohibited item under the Postal Users' Guide.
Unless you have complied with our specified conditions of carriage (and the item is not classified as prohibited for a particular service), you agree not to give us for delivery any item which is:
- fragile or restricted (including any precious metal or stone, jewellery, watch, any collectible or antique or any painting, sculpture or other work of art); or
- a postal item with a value of over $250 or an international courier item with a value of over $2,000.
If you give us for delivery any postal or courier item referred to above, or in any other way you do not comply with the Postal Users' Guide:
- you understand that we and our employees and agents are not liable to pay any compensation to you for any loss or damage to that item; and
- you agree to pay us for any resulting liability, costs, damage or loss of any kind.
Subject to the conditions set out in our Postal Users' Guide, we limit our liability to you for loss of, or damage to, any item up to a maximum (including GST) of:
- $250 for any postal item whether for domestic or international delivery (other than a letter posted for 80c or less (including GST) for which we have no liability under the Postal Services Act 1998). Our liability for domestic carriage of a postal item is on the basis of 'declared value risk' under the Carriage of Goods Act 1979;
- $2,000 for any courier item for domestic delivery; and
- $2,000 for any courier item for international delivery;
plus reimbursement of postage if the item has been lost.
We have no liability to you for delay in the delivery of any item. Our delivery targets are a guide only. However, we will endeavour to ensure that your postal or courier item arrives within our delivery targets.
Except as set out above and detailed further in our Postal Users' Guide, we have no liability to you for any direct or indirect loss, damage or cost, however it arises (including as a result of intentional acts or negligence by us), subject only to the contrary terms of any statute including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (where applicable).
You agree that, where you acquire goods or services from us for the purpose of your business, the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 which would otherwise apply to the supply by us of any of our goods or services to you, do not apply.