PO Box and Private Bag search is so easy to use – when you know how! It allows you access to the PO Box or Private Bag number of any company or organisation listed with New Zealand Post.
In this help guide:
- Search tips
- Problems finding an address?
- Adding or removing your details from the PO Box and Private Bag search
- What is a Lobby?
To find a PO Box or Private Bag number:
- Use our PO Box and Private Bag search and type in the name of the company or organisation you are searching for in the “*Company name” field (this is a *required field).
- Check you have spelt the company or organisation name correctly.
If you know the town or city of the business, you can choose to enter this in the “Town or City” field.
Note: This is not a required field but could help narrow down your search. Keep in mind that the PO Box and Private Bag search tries to find an address that matches all the criteria you enter - the fewer criteria, the greater the number of possible results you are likely to get.
- Click the “Search” button (or press enter on your keyboard).
- PO Box and Private Bag search will provide you with a set of results from your search. You may need to refine your search by adding the town or city (by typing this into the “Town or City” field) if you have several results for the same name.
If the PO Box/Private Bag you are searching for is a residential/personal listing, their details will not appear in the search results.
If "0 results" are displayed, it means the PO Box and Private Bag search has been unable to find the PO Box or Private Bag number of the company or organisation you were searching for. This could be for one of the following reasons:
- the Box/Bag holder has opted out of the PO Box and Private Bag search directory,
- the Box/Bag holder has a residential/personal Box/Bag address,
- the Box/Bag holder is with another supplier or,
- you have entered the details incorrectly.
Check the spelling of your company or organisation name and try again.
Another problem may occur if you input a town or city that does not match the company or organisation address. This may be because the Box/Bag is located in a different town or city to the business. In this case, PO Box and Private Bag search will give you the option to “See results for the company name entered”, without the town or city.
Still can’t find the address you’re looking for?
Contact our National Contact Centre on 0800 269 224.
If you are a Box/Bag holder and do not want your details displayed in the PO Box and Private Bag search, you can remove your details online, or by contacting us on 0800 269 224.
Or, if your details do not appear in the PO Box and Private Bag search results, you can add your details online or contact us on 0800 269 224.
If your details are displayed incorrectly and you would like to update them, please contact us on 0800 269 224.
A lobby is a group of PO Boxes or Private Bags physically located in one of over 680 PostShops or Mail Centres within New Zealand.
For example, the lobby for PO Box 8583 in Christchurch is located at the Riccarton PostShop, and therefore the address is:
PO Box 8583
Go to PO Boxes and Private Bag to find out more.