Change User Terms
Change allows you to update your details in one place and send them to organisations that you choose.
We use the phrase "these terms" to cover all of these terms and conditions and any changes to them. Please read these terms carefully before you start using Change. By accessing and using Change, you agree to be bound by these terms. If you don’t accept them, you should not access and use Change.
We may change the functionality of Change, including these terms, at any time by posting changes online. Your continuing use of Change will mean that you agree to those changes.
Please note that additional terms may apply to specific services provided or offered through Change. If Change links to any additional terms as well as these terms for a particular service, you must read these terms and the additional terms together. If there is any inconsistency between these terms and the service or terms, the service terms will prevail.
In these terms:
- “Change” means the service which allows you to enter your details, have them verified, where applicable, and then submit updated details to Organisations of your choice;
- "Change website" means our website https://www.nzpost.co.nz/change;
- "Organisation" means a party which has entered into an agreement with us to receive notifications of your updated details through Change and/or for the use of Change to facilitate your communication with that party;
- "You" means the individual accessing and using Change and "your" has a corresponding meaning;
- "We" means New Zealand Post Limited, its related companies, successors and assignees. "Our" and "us" have a corresponding meaning.
With Change, you enter your name, date of birth and either your New Zealand passport number and expiry date, or your New Zealand driver licence number and version number. These details are then electronically compared with your details in the relevant third party agency database. Once your ID is verified by Change (where it has been possible to do so), all the Organisations you choose to update will know your ID has already been checked. We will submit your updated details (both verified and unverified), on your request, to the Organisations you choose to update. These Organisations will then take steps to update the contact details they have about you. Each Organisation is responsible for updating your details. For security purposes, they may contact you to ask you for further information and/or confirmation of the information that you entered into Change. We do not guarantee that your details will be updated with the chosen Organisations as they may wish to seek further information from you directly before activating the update.
We have the right to add new Organisation to, and remove others from, our Change service at our discretion.
Your use of Change
The functionality of Change is provided for your convenience only and you use Change at your own risk.
You agree that when you access and use Change you will:
- ensure all details provided as part of your use of Change are accurate and complete;
- not update details for individuals where you do not have authority to do so.
- comply with these terms;
- comply with all applicable laws and regulations;
- comply with our requirements and instructions around correct use of Change, as set out in the Change website or otherwise notified to you by us from time to time;
- not use Change in a manner that infringes the rights of anyone else, or that restricts or inhibits their use of Change;
- only provide information that is true, correct, accurate and not misleading and not use Change for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
- not use Change in a manner that brings the reputation and brand of New Zealand Post into disrepute;
- not introduce any content or code to Change or the Change website which is technologically harmful;
- not use a robot, spider, scraper or other unauthorised automated means in relation to Change or any information featured on Change for any purpose;
- not use Change to transmit any communication (other than those communications permitted by Change);
Termination of an account
You reserve the right to terminate your Change account by giving us 30 days’ notice in writing.
We reserve the right to terminate your Change account immediately on written notice to you, or at a date specified in that written notice, if:
- we believe you have breached any of these terms; or
- we no longer intend to provide our Change service.
If you breach any of these terms and conditions we have the discretion to suspend your use of the Service.
If there is a dispute as to:
- the rights in relation to a Change account; or
- a person’s entitlement to a Change account for a particular address;
then we may suspend your account and/or refuse to update your details and send it to the Organisations you have selected until the dispute is resolved.
Intellectual property rights
We own all copyright and other intellectual property rights in Change and the Change website and all content therein, other than the data sent through Change.
You agree that you will not do anything that is inconsistent with or adversely affects our intellectual property rights.
Organisation service information
We allow Organisations to present questions or offers relating specifically to products and services provided by them. Where you agree to receiving further information from an Organisation, including offers of products and services, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have read that Organisation’s terms and privacy statement.
We may share your personal information with Organisations if:
- we consider on reasonable grounds that you have consented to that disclosure; or
- we consider on reasonable grounds that you may have been involved in fraudulent activities in relation to that Organisation.
We will collect personal information about you when:
- you sign up to Change; and
- you use Change.
In each case, we will only use this personal information for the purpose (or purposes) for which it was collected. This includes:
- authenticating/verifying your details using third party registers, (ie. the Land Transport New Zealand Licence Register and Department of Internal Affairs Confirmation service (Passport, Births Register, Citizenship File)). We will use the third party agency database solely to verify your identity, via our third party supplier, using the information you provide from your New Zealand driver licence and/or passport and will not store your personal details. Your date of birth is used as part of the identity check. We take no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided or the misuse of identity information for the purposes of identity verification through the third party agency database. We do not act on behalf of the third party agency in the provision of information.
- the administration of Change and providing our Change service to you; and
- improving our Change service and user experience, including through undertaking surveys in that regard.
The information collected on, or through, Change is stored on a secure server located in Australia.
We will also disclose personal information as required or permitted by the Privacy Act 1993 or otherwise required or permitted by law. If we consider that you have breached these terms or any applicable law we may provide your personal information as we see fit to enable us or any third party to take court proceedings, enforce or apply our terms, or to protect any party’s rights, property or safety.
We may use and share with Organisations or other third parties aggregated, anonymous information regarding Change usage and trends for data analytics purposes. This information will not be able to be linked back to you.
If you want to check or correct information that we hold about you, please write to: Customer Service Centre, New Zealand Post, PO Box 2349, Christchurch Mail Centre, Christchurch 8140, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information transmitted over the internet is inherently insecure. However, we have physical, electronic and managerial processes in place to protect the information we collect through Change. All information in your Change account is protected through secure passwords, user log-ons and other security procedures.
When you use Change, your details may be provided to our third party supplier for verification purposes, who will retain your details for the purposes of verifying the information provided and for as long as is required for regulatory reasons.
You agree that you will not use a password that is easily guessed or relates to your easily identifiable personal information. This includes passwords that are comprised of birthdates, telephone numbers and sequential numbers.
You agree that you will not divulge your password to another person or store your password in electronic or written format.
We acknowledge that the limitations we set out below in relation to our liability for loss, damage, cost or compensation do not apply to any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable to you or any third party for:
- any failure to provide or to provide access to Change;
- any content which an Organisation sends you directly;
- any services that an Organisation provides;
- any content accessed through third party hyperlinks ;
- any information you provide in Change.
We are not the agent of any Organisation who receives notifications through Change. We have no responsibility for any dealing or transaction between you and any Organisation, or for the provision of products or services by that Organisation. You must deal with any Organisation directly to resolve any issues arising in relation to your account with that Organisation or in relation to the Organisation’s products or services.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage (direct or otherwise) you suffer in connection with your use of Change, the Change website, or your use of, or reliance on, content contained in or accessed through any linked website. We exclude any condition or warranty that could be implied into these terms (but only to the extent that this is allowed by law).
You agree to indemnify us from and against all costs, claims damages or losses of any kind arising from any breach by you of these terms.
Your use of Change is governed by the laws of New Zealand. When you access and use Change, you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
Last Updated: 20 April 2018