Sending your letters by Post.
|Letter size*||Maximum dimensions
height × length × thickness
|Maximum weight||Standard Post
(eg. E9, DLE, cheque mailer)
|130mm × 235mm × 6mm||500g||$1.40 (or 1 × KiwiStamp)|
|165mm × 235mm × 10mm||500g||$2.70|
(eg. E35, A4)
|260mm × 385mm × 20mm||1kg***||$4.00|
* Refer to our online shop for more envelope sizes.
** The required postage is the value of postage required for New Zealand Post to carry the item and is GST inclusive.
*** Items larger than 260mm x 385mm, thicker than 20mm, or heavier than 1kg are classified as parcels
How to send your letter
Buying stamps and envelopes to send your letter is easy and convenient. You can purchase them:
If your letter is ready to send now, take it to your local PostShop, or use one of our conveniently located New Zealand Post street posting boxes (mail boxes).
Addressing your letter
Make sure your letter gets where it’s going by having the right address printed clearly! Be sure to also include the correct Post Code – just use our handy Post Code finder to ensure your letter gets to the right place at the right time.
Add a personal touch
Stamp a unique signature on your mail with Personalised Stamps. Whether it’s a photo of the family, the new baby, or all the guys together, surprise family and friends with a special touch to their mail. All you need is your favourite photo and a bit of creative flair. Get in quick – a sheet of 50 stamps starts from as little as $75.00.
You can also courier your item.
Important information on our Standard Post service
- The required postage is the value of postage required for an item to be carried by New Zealand Post and is GST inclusive.
- Standard Post delivery target is up to 3 working days nationwide delivery.
- Delivery to and from rural or remote areas may take longer. Delivery targets are a guide only and we do not guarantee your item will reach its destination within the delivery target.
- For Terms and Conditions refer to the New Zealand Post Public Contract and Postal Users' Guide.