What you can send to a ParcelPod
When using your ParcelPod address please keep in mind the maximum size and weight of parcels, and the other rules on what can’t be sent to a ParcelPod.
What can be sent to a ParcelPod?
The ParcelPod service is for parcels sent within New Zealand or from overseas. Parcels need to fit within the ParcelPod dimensions as follows:
Box Lobby ParcelPod maximum size and weight
Maximum weight – 25kg
Maximum size – 390 (Height) x 265 (Width) x 410 (Depth) mm
Victoria Street West and Wellington Railway Station maximum size and weight
Maximum weight – 25kg
Maximum size – 390 (Height) x 306 (Width) x 594 (Depth) mm.
Signature required parcels can be sent to a ParcelPod
Signature required services can be delivered to a ParcelPod. By accepting the terms and conditions, you gave us authority to leave the parcel for you to collect, without obtaining a signature.
However there are some senders that require a physical signature to be collected.
If we do need to collect a physical signature from you, we will make the parcel available for collection from a location notified to you.
Other courier/postal operators
New Zealand Post may deliver parcels sent from other courier/postal operators.
The current list of courier and postal operators’ New Zealand Post delivers to a ParcelPod on behalf of is:
- NZ Couriers
- Fastway Couriers
Please note the list is subject to change.
What can’t be sent to a ParcelPod?
Any item which is:
- inadequately or insecurely packaged for storage, handling or carriage
- food or otherwise perishable
- illegal or prohibited by law for sale or carriage in New Zealand
- listed in the Express Couriers Limited Terms and Conditions as a perishable item, prohibited item, valuable item or dangerous goods. These include items such as cash, glassware, firearms, toxic substances, drugs other than prescription quantities properly packaged and flammable products
- any parcel with contents with a value of more than NZ$2,000
- letters and standard mail
- parcels weighing more than 25kg or larger than the ParcelPod dimensions.
If your parcel can’t be delivered to a ParcelPod, we will treat your parcel in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Service. We may, at our discretion, contact you for redirection instructions, make the parcel available for collection from a location notified to you, destroy the parcel, return the parcel to the Sender, or follow the Sender’s instructions on the parcel for its return or destruction.
See ParcelPod Terms and Conditions for more information.