Redirect my mail
Make sure you control your mail when moving or changing postal address - throughout New Zealand as well as overseas.
To set up your Mail Redirection for a household or business, you will need:
- To register or login with a New Zealand Post account
- Your New Zealand Drivers Licence or New Zealand Passport
- A credit card to pay the Redirect service fee. Online rates include 30% discount
- To apply at least 3 working days before you want the Redirect to start.
Updating an existing Mail Redirect
You will need:
- A login with a New Zealand Post account
- A credit card to pay any fees that apply
Mail Redirect fees
|Type||Duration||In a PostShop||Online (Including 30% discount)|
|Individual/Household||Senior citizen||Individual/Household||Senior citizen|
|Domestic||Up to 2 months||$25||Free||$17||Free|
|International||Up to 2 months||$80||$80||$56||$56|
Fees include GST and 30% discount for online pricing.
Mail Redirect details
- This Mail Redirection applies to mail items only. Parcels need to be redirected with our Tracking tool, using the tracking numbers provided.
- Each Mail Redirect service must be from one old address to one new address.
- The minimum two month fee applies to temporary Mail Redirects, which are charged the same as permanent ones.
- Not-for-profit organisations, Charitable Trusts, Personal and Family Trusts, societies and schools are entitled to the Mail Redirect service at the household/individual price, where this can be verified.
- The system will register your age from your NZ Driver's licence or Passport authentication.
- Any amendments or extensions are charged at the household/individual price; the first two months free of charge only applies to your Redirect requests (being the first two months provided for the same old and new address).
- For further details on the Mail Redirect service, please see the Terms and Conditions.