Creating a new Hold
To set up your Hold for a household, you will need:
- To register or sign in with a New Zealand Post account
- Your New Zealand Drivers Licence or New Zealand Passport
- A credit card to pay the Hold service fee. Online rates include 30% discount.
- To apply at least three working days before you want the Hold to start.
Hold for business mail - Find out how to set up a hold for your business
Updating an existing Hold
You will need:
- To sign in with a New Zealand Post account
- A credit card to pay any fees that apply
If you have put mail on hold at your local PostShop, you’ll need to go back to your local PostShop to action your request.
|Duration (week)||In a PostShop||Online (including 30% discount)|
|Household||Senior citizen||Household||Senior citizen|
|Up to 1||$5.50||Free||$3||Free|
|Up to 2||$11||$7||Free|
|Up to 3||$16.50||$11||Free|
|Up to 4||$22||$15||Free|
|Up to 5||$27.50||$12.50||$19||$8|
|Up to 6||$33||$15||$23||$10|
|Up to 7||$38.50||$17.50||$26||$12|
|Up to 8||$44||$20||$30||$14|
|Up to 9||$49.50||$22.50||$34||$15|
|Up to 10||$55||$25||$38||$17|
|Up to 11||$60.50||$27.50||$42||$19|
|Up to 12||$66||$30||$46||$21|
Fees include GST and 30% discount
- New Zealand Post is unable to hold ParcelPost Tracked, CourierPost and items over 3kg. Mail delivered by other postal operators and newspapers and circulars can’t be held.
- Held mail cannot be accessed for the duration of the Hold Service term.
- Hold requests entered online must be for a minimum period of 2 days.
- New Zealand Post reserves the right to accept, reject or cancel your Hold Service at any time. You will receive an email to confirm that your Hold request has been accepted, rejected or cancelled, if you submitted your Hold request online. If you have put your mail on hold at your local PostShop and we have rejected or cancelled your Hold request, we will notify you by phone.
- If you have paid for a Hold Service request and cancelled it before it starts, you are eligible for a refund. Please contact our National Contact Centre for further details.
- We will use reasonable care and skill in providing the Hold service, but to the maximum extent permitted by law, New Zealand Post's liability for any loss or damage however caused in providing this service is limited to refunding the fee (if any) you have paid us for the service.
- For further details on the Hold service, please see the Terms and Conditions.
Hold your mail today