International Air Small Parcel
Our most cost-effective international sending option to send your low weight (under 2kg) and low value (under NZ$250) overseas.
International Air Small Parcel has a 3 - 10 day delivery target to over 220 destinations, including PO Boxes and rural areas worldwide. This is an untracked service.
The cost to send by International Air Small Parcel depends on the destination, weight and size of the item.
Use the Rate Finder for details on the options available and the associated cost to send your item. If your item does not match the dimensions specified, another service may be more applicable.
The required postage to send International Air Small Parcel items at NZ Post retail outlets or via Print Postage Online tool on our website is charged by the actual weight, rounded up to the nearest 50g increments.
If your item is 160g then you will be charged at 200g as all weight will be rounded to the nearest 50g.
Dimension and Weight restrictions
|Maximum length + width + depth per item||Maximum length of any side per item||Minimum dimensions per item||Minimum chargeable weight per item||Maximum weight per item|
|900mm||600mm||105 x 148mm||200g||2kg|
Rolls and tubes
|Maximum length + (diameter x 2) per item||Maximum length per item||Minimum chargeable weight per item||Maximum weight per item|
Sending by International Air Small Parcel
You’ll need the following to send with International Air Small Parcel:
- A green Customs declaration (CN 22/OS008a), available instore with the sender, receiver and parcel content information written in English.
- A copy of the commercial invoice attached to the outside of the parcel or an Export Invoice (NCPI025) (PDF - 49KB), if your parcel is being sent as part of a commercial transaction.
Things you need to know
There are a few other things you need to know about this service:
- All parcels sent internationally require a Customs declaration.
- For the latest updates on affected delivery times or items we temporarily cannot accept, visit our international mail service announcements.
- Ensure your item is safe to send by checking our prohibited and restricted items information.
- Only items under NZ$250 in value may be sent by International Air Small Parcel.
- Find out if you’ll be compensated if your item goes missing or gets damaged and how much you may be entitled to, subject to your compliance with our terms and conditions. The maximum compensation is NZ$250.
- Our Rate Finder provides estimates only. When using Print Postage Online, the results are only as accurate as your estimation/measurement of the size, weight and value of your mail item.
- The information contained within the declaration may be electronically transmitted to the destination postal administration and national government agencies (such as Customs) in advance of arrival for purposes such as fiscal, risk, security andborder clearance, in line with national and international legislation. Learn more about Electronic Advance Data (EAD).
- Tracking your international parcel(s)
- What is the delivery target time for International Air?
- Sending internationally with print postage online